Serve a pitcher of festive Season’s Greetings Holiday Sangria at Thanksgiving & Christmas. Your guests will love this fruity-filled wine cocktail.
Season’s Greetings Holiday Sangria
We’re almost ready to get our Christmas tree up and decorated. Normally we’d at least have a few items of decor here and there throughout the house but this year due to so many different issues we’re a tad behind.
That’s not to say we aren’t feeling festive, oh we’re getting our Jingle Bells in full swing over here. Just last night we watched our beloved Pioneer Woman make her Christmas movie debut in a Candy Coated Christmas. Cute movie, very reminiscent of a Hallmark movie, which wasn’t really shocking, as we’ve seen pretty much every single one of those.
Loaded with fresh-cut fruit and sprigs of rosemary this stunning cocktail is assembled in a pitcher making it ideal for a group. It does pack a bit of a boozy kick, but it is the holiday season. So ho ho ho, just drink responsibly.
What ingredients do you need to make this sangria?
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cranberry juice
- Triple Sec
- Oranges, apples, cranberries
- Rosemary sprigs
Some tips for making this drink:
- Best if used within 24 hours of making.
- Add a cinnamon stick if desired to glass after pouring.
- Want to add some sparkle to this drink? Pour in a bit of club soda or sparkling water.
Simple directions for whipping up this beverage:
In a serving pitcher add the fresh fruit and rosemary sprigs.
Pour in the Cabernet Sauvignon, cranberry juice, Brandy, and Triple Sec. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Other amazing holiday drinks to enjoy:
- Eggnog Amaretto Cocktail
- Cranberry Kringle Cocktail
- Cranberry Whiskey Apple Cider Cocktail
- Gingerbread Moscow Mule
- Caramel Apple Cider Sangria
Serve a tasty appetizer alongside:
- Roast Beef Crostini
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites
- Pecan Crusted Cheese Ball
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
- 16 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces brandy
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 3 apples, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, fresh
- 2 sprigs rosemary, fresh
- Garnish: cinnamon sticks
- In a large pitcher, add fresh fruit and rosemary.
- Pour in cranberry juice, brandy, and triple sec.
- Next add in Cabernet Sauvignon.
- For best results, make sure all ingredients are chilled beforehand and store in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- Pour into glasses, add cinnamon stick if desired.
- Best served within 24 hours of making.
- Add a splash of club soda to make it sparkling.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!