You can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man! Instead, make these tasty & cute Gingerbread Man Cupcakes for the holidays. Kids love them!
Gingerbread Man Cupcakes
Have you ever been wandering through the grocery store, spot an item, which instantly begins a chain reaction of other purchases? Take for example that fun center aisle with holiday baking items. You know the one with all the fun sprinkles!
I love themed sprinkles for the holidays, I have an entire plastic bin in my pantry devoted just to Christmas sprinkles. What I did not have were Gingerbread Man themed sprinkles. So of course those caught my eye which in turn got the wheels spinning and led to these adorable Gingerbread Man Cupcakes.
The sprinkles add a touch of whimsy but the true star of the show is the cute gingerbread man cookie perched on top of a tasty spiced cupcake. These cupcakes are semi-homemade and just perfect for the kids to help create and decorate.
Into your shopping cart along with the sprinkles, you’ll need some store-bought spice cake mix and gingerbread man cookies. Add in a few more ingredients to amp up the flavor, whip up some cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Decorate and enjoy!
Gingerbread Man Cupcakes are party-perfect, great for every event during the holiday season. They are so yummy and cute you’ll find them to be a new holiday tradition at your house too.
What ingredients do you need to make these cupcakes:
- Spice cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Ground ginger
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Gingerbread man cookies
A few tips I’d like to share:
- Use any cupcake liners, the gold is a touch more festive.
- If you have small homemade gingerbread man cookies, you can certainly use those.
- You don’t have to cut the legs off of the gingerbread man cookies, it just makes it a bit easier.
- If serving later in the day, prepare the cupcakes and frost and decorate them with the sprinkles. Refrigerate and prior to serving pop in the gingerbread man cookie.
Simple steps to create these at home (complete instructions in the recipe card below):
Mix cupcake batter ingredients together.
Fill cupcake liners with batter. Bake for approximately 22 minutes. Cool completely prior to frosting.
Whip the heavy whipping cream to desired consistency.
Mix frosting ingredients together. Gently fold in prepared whipped cream. Frost cupcakes and decorate.
Other amazing desserts for the holidays:
- Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Frosted Gingerbread Spice Cake
- Frosted Chai Spiced Eggnog Cookies
- Eggnog Jello Shots
- Layered Peppermint Holiday Dessert
How about a delicious beverage to enjoy alongside?
- Spiked Gingerbread Milkshake
- Gingerbread White Russian
- Gingerbread Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- Gingerbread White Hot Chocolate
- Gingerbread Moscow Mule
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, frosted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 24 Pepperidge Farms Gingerman Cookies
- Sprinkles: Gingerbread or Christmas themed
- Preheat your oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with gold foil liners.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, molasses, milk, oil, eggs, and spices. Whisk together until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter evenly to make 24 cupcakes. The cups will be about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a middle cupcake comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream with your hand mixer until it thickens and becomes spreadable, this may take a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon, mix again until all the ingredients are combined and frosting begins to form together. Fold in heavy whipping cream mixture and keep folding until combined and the whipping cream is mixed through.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Cut legs off of the Gingerman Cookies.
- Place Gingerman Cookie into the frosting.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!