Mini Dutch Apple Pies – A personal apple pie! Pie crust filled with apple pie filling and topped with a crumb topping and baked in a muffin pan.
Mini Dutch Apple Pies
One of my favorite parts about fall is all of the apples. I just love baking with apple, there are so many amazing desserts, snacks, appetizers, etc you can make with them! One of the best apple recipes to make is apple pies. I made this recipe because I wanted a bite sized version that would be great for upcoming holidays and events. These mini dutch apple pies are so much easier to serve and way less of a mess than trying to attack a full-size apple pie!
Now you can make this recipe even easier by using pre-made crusts and pre-made apple pie filling. No shame in getting the store-bought stuff, it can save time! The recipe I included for apple pie filling is my favorite and it tastes fantastic but it does add a few minutes to the process so it is up to you!
Make sure to serve these apple pies warmed up with a bit of whipped cream and caramel sauce! It makes them perfect!
How to make mini apple pies
Step 1 – Make apple pie filling (optional)
The key to a good apple pie is the filling. To make it, combine water, cornstarch, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt together in a pan over medium-high heat. Once it thickens up, add in the apples and cook for 10 minutes.
Step 2 – Place pie crust in muffin pan
Cut out the pie crust into 3 inch wide circles and then place each in a non-stick sprayed muffin pan. You may need to do a bit of folding to get the pie crusts to fit into the muffin tins.
Step 3 – Fill pie crusts with apple pie filling
Transfer enough apple pie filling into each of the pie crusts to fill them up 3/4 of the way up.
Step 4 – Top with crumb
Mix together ingredients for the crumb topping and sprinkle on each of the pies.
Step 5 – Bake
Bake for 16-17 minutes.
Can’t get enough of this mini dutch apple pies recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip
- Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
- Salted Caramel Apple Pizza
- Crumbly Apple Cranberry Casserole
Mini Apple Pies
- 2 pie crusts
- 4 medium apples, skinned and diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Pour into a medium pot over medium-high heat with brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt. Once the sauce begins to thicken up, add in the diced apples and reduce the heat to cook for 10-12 minutes to soften the apples, occasionally stirring.
- While the apples are cooking, roll out the pie crusts and using either a 3 inch wide circular cookie cutter or using a cup and cutting around it with a knife, cut out 12 circles. Place each inside a hole in the muffin pan and then fill it 3/4 full with the apple filling.
- Mix together ingredients for crumb topping and sprinkle on top of each of the pies.
- Place in oven and bake for 16-17 minutes.