Blackberry Mojito – A classic mojito with a spin! Just 5 simple ingredients make this blackberry cocktail the perfect summer drink.
Blackberries are a favorite of mine that I love using in everything from blackberry bread to blackberry jam to blackberry lemonade. It is a wonderful berry with so much flavor that it’s hard not to love! After making my classic mojito recipe a few weeks back, I had been looking for fun variations to try and the first one up on the docket was a blackberry mojito. The combination of mint, lime, and blackberries was so wonderful and tasted like summer in a glass.
When I serve this recipe, I like to put lots of fresh mint leaves and pieces of lime in. It makes the drink visually interesting and beautiful while also lending a little extra flavor. I suggest leaving the mint leaves whole so that it’s harder to end up with one going up your straw.
The recipe makes one serving but you can always scale it up if you are serving more people. Enjoy!
Common Questions About Making a Blackberry Mojito
What is a blackberry mojito?
A blackberry mojito is made with white rum, lime juice, club soda, blackberries, mint, and simple syrup.
Do you shake a mojito?
No, mojitos are served mixed over ice instead of shaken.
Do you muddle mint or use a simple syrup?
So for this recipe, there are three options for adding mint flavor and sweetness to this drink –
- Simple syrup and mint – The recipe calls for this option because it gives the drink sweetness and flavor while ridding the drink of pieces of granulated sugar that get stuck at the bottom.
- Mint simple syrup – If you have time to make mint simple syrup, it is a great way to give the drink a really consistent mint flavor.
- Granulated sugar and mint – The classic option. Muddling mint and granulated sugar is the classic way to make a mojito.
What drinkware can I serve a mojito in?
Typically, a mojito is served in a collins glass but it is totally up to you. I love putting mine in mason jars or just pretty glasses.
Can I make a mojito without alcohol?
Yes! Click HERE for my mojito mocktail recipe!
What can I garnish a mojito with?
Garnishing a mojito mocktail with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime or even lemon looks great. Since this drink has blackberries in it, I did put a few whole ones on top.
What other types of mojitos can I make?
It’s so easy to make variations on mojitos! Some of my favorites include –
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Check these out!
- Orange Moscow Mule
- Salted Caramel White Russian
- Chocolate Mudslide
- Strawberry Margarita
- Kentucky Lemonade
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup*
- Club soda
- In a tall glass, muddle blackberries, lime juice, mint, and simple syrup together. Mix until blackberries are crushed.
- Add in rum and ice before pouring club soda in to fill up the glass.
- Stir before serving.