Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies combine all your favorite flavors in one easy to prepare snack. Perfect with a glass of milk, you’ll love this delicious treat.
Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies
As much as I enjoy chocolate, and believe me I DO LOVE chocolate when it comes to cookies I usually to go other favorite flavors. Such is the case with Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies, there’s just something ultra comforting about a cookie loaded with oatmeal. These aren’t run to the store for complicated ingredient type of cookies, not at all.
I love the texture of a good chewy cookie, normally I’m not a fan of “break your teeth” crunch cookies. A cookie that I can bite into and enjoy, one with some substance to it, that’s my type of cookie. Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies deliver just the right amount of crunch with the right about of chewiness. Some of the chewiness comes from the chunks of dried apple mixed into the dough.
These cookies are what I would describe as pantry cookies. Cookies that are made with ingredients you probably already have on hand in your pantry (with the exception of refrigerated products). We almost always have some sort of dried fruit on hand and at least one canister of oats.
Chewy Oatmeal Apple Cookies are most definitely a great addition to your fall baking. Don’t let the seasons limit these to just a few short months each year though, they taste great any time of the year. Plus they are simple to make, let the kids or grandkids lend a hand.
What are some other great oatmeal cookie mix-ins?
- Chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
Looking for other great apple recipes, here ya go!
Salted Caramel Apple Pizza | Snacks and Sips
Caramel Apple Mug Cake | Mildly Meandering
Apple Fritter Cake | Who Needs A Cape?
If you are craving more cookies, try these amazing cookies:
- Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches
- Chai Frosted Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Frosted Chai Spiced Eggnog Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- In large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine together: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats and chopped apples.
- Drop onto parchment lined baking sheets with a small cookie scoop, 2" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown in color. Cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container after completely cooled.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!