Apple Gouda Crostini – A quick and easy appetizer that is perfect for fall! Gouda, apples, honey, bacon, and baguette!
Apple Gouda Crostini
This has to be the ultimate fall appetizer! When I was thinking about recipes for #AppleWeek, I was hoping to make an appetizer with a bit of a savory spin to it and thus, I ended up with this recipe for apple gouda crostini! All you need is apple, gouda, baguette, honey, and bacon!
For this recipe, I chose to cook my apples for a few minutes to soften them up but that is totally optional. Alternatively, you can just slice up apples and place them directly on the crostini. The apples I used were the delicious Envy Apples that I love to get every year for #AppleWeek! They are seriously the best!
Can’t get enough of this apple gouda crostini recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Roast Beef Crostini
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Cheesy Chorizo Bites
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Salsa Verde Pork Taquitos
- 1 baguette (sliced)
- 2 apples (cored and diced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces gouda
- 3 slices of bacon (chopped)
- Place diced apples in a small pan with water and cook over medium heat, occasionally stirring, for 10 minutes or until the apples soften.
- Bring oven to a broil and lay the slices of baguette with slices of gouda on top on a sheet pan. Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for about 1.5-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove baguette from oven and top with a spoonful of apples, a sprinkle of bacon, and a drizzle of honey. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediatly.
Find this recipe and more at Menu Plan Monday!