This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek . I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Apple Gouda Crostini – A quick and easy appetizer that is perfect for fall! Gouda, apples, honey, bacon, and baguette!
Apple Gouda Crostini
This has to be the ultimate fall appetizer! When I was thinking about recipes for #AppleWeek, I was hoping to make an appetizer with a bit of a savory spin to it and thus, I ended up with this recipe for apple gouda crostini! All you need is apple, gouda, baguette, honey, and bacon!
For this recipe, I chose to cook my apples for a few minutes to soften them up but that is totally optional. Alternatively, you can just slice up apples and place them directly on the crostini. The apples I used were the delicious Envy Apples that I love to get every year for #AppleWeek! They are seriously the best!
Can’t get enough of this apple gouda crostini recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Roast Beef Crostini
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Cheesy Chorizo Bites
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Salsa Verde Pork Taquitos
- 1 baguette (sliced)
- 2 apples (cored and diced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces gouda
- 3 slices of bacon (chopped)
- Place diced apples in a small pan with water and cook over medium heat, occasionally stirring, for 10 minutes or until the apples soften.
- Bring oven to a broil and lay the slices of baguette with slices of gouda on top on a sheet pan. Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for about 1.5-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove baguette from oven and top with a spoonful of apples, a sprinkle of bacon, and a drizzle of honey. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediatly.
Find this recipe and more at Menu Plan Monday!
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
- Apple Celeriac Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Coffee Cake Muffins by Blogghetti
- Apple Cream Puffs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crisp in a Mug by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple Muffins by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Oatmeal Cutout Cookies by The Monday Box
- Applesauce Cake Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Covered Apple Slices by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Covered Minnie Apples by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Country Fried Apples by Tip Garden
- Creamy Caramel Apple Icebox Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Crispy Hot Cider Tea-Brined Chicken Thighs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crunchy Dried Cherry Applesauce Cake Bars by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Hot Apple Cider Tea Bread by Our Good Life
- Moroccan Apple and Sweet Potato Beef Stew by Savory Moments
- Smoky Apple Corn Chowder by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Spiced Applesauce Cookies by Who Needs A Cape?
- Spiked Apple Cider Iced Tea by Cookaholic Wife
- Vegan Apple Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Braid by The Baking Fairy
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & Colledge, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.