Salsa Verde Pork Taquitos – A quick and easy appetizer perfect for a party! Flavorful salsa verde pork and cheese inside of corn tortillas deep-fried until golden brown.
Salsa Verde Pork Taquitos
These taquitos are the bomb dot com. They are so flavorful and crunchy! Usually, I would just buy a box of frozen taquitos but these were so much better and I don’t think I could ever go back to those ever again!
How to make salsa verde pork taquitos
Step 1 – Combine ingredients
Combine shredded pork, salsa verde, and cheese. An alternative way (which I like better) is to just to slow cook the pork in those ingredients for 2-3 hours on high so that the flavors have time to sink in together but this is not a necessity. I make these taquitos with leftover pork sometimes too, it’s such an awesome way to repurpose leftovers.
Step 2 – Fill taquitos
The next step is to fill the taquitos with the filling. Once the tortillas have been microwaved for about 30 seconds so that they are nice and soft, transfer about 2 tablespoons of filling onto a tortilla. Make sure you keep everything in about the bottom third of the tortilla so that there is room to roll it up.
Step 3 – Roll taquitos
Roll the taquitos and place the seam as the bottom so they don’t fall apart. Try to roll them up as tightly as possible.
Step 4 – Fry
Place a neutral frying oil in the pan about 1/2″ thick and bring up to medium high heat. Once it is warm enough, place 2-3 taquitos into it at a time (depending on the size of the pan you are using, more might fit). Place each taquito so that the seem is at the bottom and fry until golden brown before flipping and continuing to cook.
Some of my favorite ways to serve these taquitos are with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa verde. All of these options are amazing and sometime I even will mix a some of those same things together to create the perfect dip!
Can’t get enough of this salsa verde pork taquitos recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs
- Super Easy Queso Dip
- Cheesy Chorizo Bites
- Slow Cooker Four Cheese Queso Dip
- 2 cups shredded pork (cooked)
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup cheese (I suggest pepper jack or a spanish cheese such as cotija)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Neutral oil
- Combine the shredded pork, salsa verde, and cheese together. Mix until combined.
- Bring a pan that has about 1/2" of a neutral oil to medium high heat.
- Microwave the tortillas for about 30 seconds to make sure that they are softer and can bend. Place about 2 tablespoons of the pork mixture onto the bottom of tortilla. Make sure it is evenly spread across the bottom and then roll it up. Transfer the taquito into the hot oil with the edge of the taquito facing down. Cook until golden brown on that side and then flip it. Continue to cook it until that side is golden brown before removing it from the oil and placing it on a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot with guacamole, salsa verde, or sour cream.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe