Cheesy Chorizo Bites – A quick and easy appetizer perfect for game day! Crescent dough filled with chorizo, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
Cheesy Chorizo Bites
If there’s one thing I love its an easy appetizer that delivers big flavors. Today I’m sharing a great recipe that I’m certain you’ll find yourself making over and over again.
Cheesy Chorizo Bites are so simple to make and are just perfect for game day spreads, Cinco de Mayo celebrations or game night. This is the type of recipe that appears as if you spent more time in the kitchen than you really did (shhh, don’t tell anyone)!
What do you need to make Cheesy Chorizo Bites?
- Crescent rolls
- Chorizo sausage
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar
Told you this was a simple recipe! When I say simple I mean it. Whip these up before the big game starts and dive right in.
What is Chorizo sausage? It’s Made of Pork. Chorizo is a highly seasoned chopped or ground pork sausage used in Spanish and Mexican cuisine. Mexican chorizo is made with fresh (raw, uncooked) pork, while the Spanish version is usually smoked.
If you haven’t used Chorizo in recipes…stop what you’re doing and get crackin! It is the BEST! You’ll be simply amazed at how much flavor Chorizo adds to “Mexican” dishes. Everything from nachos to dips, it adds an immensely fantastic flavor.
What else can I put Chorizo in?
Now that’s a bite of deliciousness, am I right? Please don’t worry about these being too spicy, Chorizo adds a nice kick but not too much spice.
Some tips for making Cheesy Chorizo Bites:
- Cook the Chorizo ahead of time and refrigerate to assemble later in the day.
- Cut the dough into smaller pieces and fill with less filling for smaller bites. Cook in a mini-muffin pan and reduce cooking time by a few minutes.
- Serve alongside sour cream for dipping.
Can’t get enough of this cheesy chorizo bites recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Creamy Chorizo Bean Dip from Who Needs a Cape?
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Meatballs from Mildly Meandering
- Slow Cooker Four Cheese Queso Dip
- Baked Feta and Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 lbs ground chorizo
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sheet crescent dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook the chorizo in a medium pan until completely cooked through. Drain out extra liquid.
- Transfer cooked chorizo, cheddar cheese, and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Roll out crescent dough and slice it into 8 evenly sized squares. Place 2 teaspoons of chorizo filling in each square. Bring the corners of each crescent square together in the middle of the top and transfer to the muffin pan.
- Place muffin pan into the oven and bake for 11-13 minutes or until the crescent is golden brown.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe