Grinch Jello Shots – These grinch inspired jello shots are a fun and festive way to get your holiday party started! These jello shots are made with unflavored gelatin and spiked with peppermint schnapps for a sweet and minty treat.
Grinch Jello Shots
Jello shots are a MUST for holiday parties. After my eggnog jello shots being a huge hit at every party I went to a few years back, I wanted to try making a new version this year that tastes like the holidays. I ended up deciding to try making a jello shot inspired by the Grinch, a favorite holiday movie with such an easily recognizable aesthetic. Not only are they cute, but they are also tasty!
Common Questions About Making Grinch Jello Shots
What is a jello shot?
Jello shots are a fun spin on a classic shot. Instead of jello being made with flavored gelatin and water, you substitute alcohol in for part of the liquid in the recipe.
What are grinch jello shots?
Grinch jello shots are a spin on a classic jello shot made by combining peppermint schnapps and vanila vodka with boiling water, green food coloring, and sheets of gelatin before pouring into small plastic cups to set.
How can I decorate these jello shots?
I like to serve them with candy hearts or heart sprinkles but you could also coat the edge of the cups with simple syrup and red sanding sugar or topping them with whipped cream.
What other jello shots can I make?
Some of my favorites include –
- Christmas Cookie Jello Shots
- Gingerbread Jello Shots
- Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots
- Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots
- Eggnog Jello Shots
Where can I get jello shot cups?
I’ve found them everywhere from the grocery store to the dollar store to Amazon!
What other grinch-themed recipes can I make?
Some of my favorite desserts inspired by the Grinch include –
Ingredient Notes –
- Water is used to dissolve the gelatin.
- I’m using Knox brand powdered unflavored gelatin in this recipe.
- Vanilla vodka is key to adding sweetness to these jello shots– if you use plain vodka, you’ll need to add ¼ cup of granulated sugar to the gelatin and water in step 2.
- Peppermint schnapps adds a subtle sweetness and minty flavor to the shots.
Looking for more holiday recipes? Check these out!
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 (0.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon green gel food coloring
- 1/3 cup vanilla vodka
- 1/3 cup peppermint schnapps
- Whipped cream and sprinkle hearts, for garnish
- Place your shot glasses or plastic cups on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the water to a medium saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatin. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat and gently cook it until the gelatin has dissolved. Make sure not to boil the gelatin!
- Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the green food coloring. Next, add the peppermint schnapps and vanilla vodka. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl or pitcher with a pour spout and fill your cups almost all of the way to the top.
- Cover the cups with their lids or plastic wrap and chill them in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
- To serve, enjoy as is or top with whipped cream and a sprinkle heart.
Click HERE to follow us on Pinterest for even more recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.