Add a little aloha fun to your next party with Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots! Delicious & easy to make, your guests will love them.
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
Summertime is in full swing and along with it all of the opportunities it brings for parties. Whether it be a full-on party, weekend get-together, picnic, BBQ, or camping getaway there are so many great reasons to have a repertoire of jello shot recipes. Yup, summer, and jello shots make the perfect combo.
Fun jello shot recipes are often twists on cocktail favorites. Today we’re mixing up the beloved tropical Blue Hawaiian Cocktail into jello shots, and let me tell you these little fellas will make the perfect addition for your next party. We have a terrific recipe for the cocktail, be sure to click HERE to find our version of the tropical Blue Hawaiian Cocktail.
We figured hey, why not make this amazing drink into a jello shot. Making a cocktail into a jello shot gives you perfectly sized portions which are great for grabbing from a serving table.
The pop of color of these jello shots is certainly eyecatching and fun. They lend themselves well to any Hawaiian-themed party, just place in front of some festive themed decor, and boom…the party has arrived.
Earlier this summer we introduced our Strawberry Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots, if you love strawberries you simply must try them. I think you’ll find making jello shots will be your new favorite addition to any and all sorts of parties and occasions. Enjoy!
What’s a jello shot?
Back in the 1950s, they were concocted as a gelatin cocktail treat which rumor has it made slipping alcohol onto a military base a bit easier. This may or may not be true. As with most things, where there’s a will there’s a way. At some point, alcohol and jello found their way together and the rest is history.
What ingredients do you need to make these jello shots?
- Berry Blue Jello
- Blue Curaçao
- Coconut Rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Garnish: fresh pineapple chunks, cherries & whipped cream
Some tips for making Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots:
- Here’s a great trick! Place the 2-ounce cups into empty muffin pans, it makes moving them into the refrigerator very easy.
- If you are transporting these to a party follow these steps: after refrigeration time, place lids onto the cups. Place in cooler. When it is time to serve, top each with a bit of whipped cream and freshly cut pineapple, and a maraschino cherry.
- I place the pineapple in a separate sealed container and blot the cherries with a paper towel after removing them from the jar.
- You can find 2-ounce cups and lids in the disposable tableware aisle in stores. I’ve even found them at the Dollar Tree.
Simple steps to prepare this recipe:
Place 2 oz. plastic jello shot cups into a muffin tin or onto a rimmed baking sheet that can fit into the refrigerator.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine jello mix and boiling water. Stir until jello is dissolved.
Add in Blue Curacao, stir to combine.
Next, add in the coconut rum.
Finally, add in the pineapple juice. Stir to combine.
Pour jello evenly among the 12 cups. Chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or until ready to serve.
Garnish just prior to serving with whipped cream, fresh pineapple wedges, and maraschino cherries.
Try these other great party treats:
- Strawberry Whipped Cream Vodka Jello Shots
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Baked Feta Sausage Pepper Dip
Looking for something boozy and tropical? Try these recipes:
- 3 ounce package Berry Blue Jell-o
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Blue Curaçao liqueur
- 3/4 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Garnish: Fresh pineapple wedges, maraschino cherries and whipped cream.
- Place 2 oz. plastic jello shot cups into a muffin tin or onto a rimmed baking sheet that can fit into the refrigerator.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine jello mix and boiling water. Stir until jello is dissolved.
- Add in Blue Curacao, coconut rum, and pineapple juice. Stir to combine.
- Pour jello evenly among the 12 cups. Chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fresh pineapple wedges, and maraschino cherries.
I used Malibu Coconut Rum in this recipe.
You can find plastic jello shot cups at grocery stores and Gordon Food Service.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!