Eggnog Jello Shots – Spice up any holiday party with eggnog jello shots! This simple recipe is so fun and tasty plus it’s made with just 3 ingredients.
Eggnog Jello Shots
Everyone loves a nice glass of eggnog with rum or even something like amaretto or RumChata in it, right?! Well, have you ever tried turning that same drink into a jello shot? It may sound crazy but eggnog jello shots are basically the greatest idea ever for Christmas and holiday parties as it tastes such a simple drink and turns it into something new and exciting.
Now this recipe is super easy to make as there are only 3 ingredients – eggnog, unflavored gelatin, and rum. I topped mine with a bit of whipped cream and ground nutmeg but you could also add in a cinnamon stick or just serve it without any toppings. Totally up to you!
Be sure to give our Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots a try too! Perfect for the holiday season!
Common Questions About Making Eggnog Jello Shots
What is a jello shot?
Jello shots are a fun spin on a classic shot. Instead of jello being made with flavored gelatin and water, you substitute alcohol in for part of the liquid in the recipe.
Can I use homemade eggnog?
What alcohol can I add to an eggnog jello shot?
So there are a few options for what alcohol you can use in an eggnog jello shot because so many different alcohols taste great with eggnog. I would suggest –
- Spiced rum
Looking for recipes made with eggnog? Check out these!
- Eggnog Amaretto Cocktail
- Eggnog Latte
- Eggnog White Hot Chocolate
- Eggnog White Russian
- Eggnog RumChata Cocktail
- Eggnog Chai Latte
Eggnog Jello Shots
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 package (.25 ounces) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- Whipped cream
- In a small saucepan that is not over heat, combine eggnog and gelatin. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat and add in rum.
- Divide eggnog jello evenly between 10 plastic shot glasses that are placed on a sheet pan or tray and then place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg (optional).
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe