Make The Gingerbread Man Cocktail your signature Christmas cocktail! This easy-to-make drink is perfect for the holiday season and so tasty!
The Gingerbread Man Cocktail
Gingerbread is one of my very favorite holiday flavors! There’s something oh so warm and comforting about the combination of scents, it warms me through and through.
Many years ago when “fancy” coffees were just starting to make their way into every corner of our lives I tried my tried and true coffee with half and half and a touch of “Gingerbread Syrup”. Now, this wasn’t at a Starbucks, but instead at a tiny coffee counter at a Borders bookstore. Does anyone remember Borders, it was such a great bookstore?
It was really great and I decided to go back a few days later and buy a bottle of the syrup. Well, I’d waited too long as others had already snatched all the available bottles up not just at my local Borders but companywide. A very nice manager was trying to hunt one down for me and was having no luck. She took my info and basically I thought that was it until I received a HUGE bottle of the much sought-after Gingerbread Syrup in the mail compliments of that great store manager, free of charge.
Jump forward a few years and you could buy it online, in all sorts of stores, long story short Gingerbread syrup was available everywhere. But I tell you, I never will forget how delicious it tasted when I first fell in love with it and how a kind gesture from a wonderful Borders manager made my life a little sweeter. A true testament to the holiday season!
Today I can make my own Gingerbread Syrup at home easily, and you can too by clicking HERE. Using this amazing holiday simple syrup led me to this creation, The Gingerbread Man Cocktail, a truly delicious cocktail for the holiday season.
What ingredients do you need to make your own cocktail?
- Gingerbread simple syrup
- Half and half
- Vanilla frosting
- Gingerbread or Christmas themed sprinkles
Simple step by step instructions:
Add 2-3 tbsp. Of sprinkles to a shallow saucer. Use a knife to add a thin layer of frosting to the rim of your glass, about ¼ inch thick.
Dip the frosting rim into the sprinkles.
Fill your glass halfway with ice. Add vodka to the glass.
Next, pour in the Half and Half.
Kahlua is added next.
Finally pour in the Gingerbread Simple Syrup.
Give the drink a gentle stir. Enjoy!
Try these other amazing Gingerbread drinks:
- Gingerbread White Russian Cocktail
- Spiked Gingerbread Milkshake
- Gingerbread White Hot Chocolate
- Gingerbread Moscow Mule
How about some dessert to go alongside?
- Frosted Gingerbread Spice Cake
- Gingerbread Man Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Cookie Truffles
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
- 1-2 ounces Gingerbread simple syrup
- 1 ounce Vodka
- 2 ounces Half and Half
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua
- Garnish: gingerbread sprinkles and vanilla frosting
- Add 2-3 Tablespoons of sprinkles to a shallow saucer. Use a butter knife to add a thin layer of frosting to the rim of your glass, about ¼ inch thick. Dip the frosting rim into the sprinkles.
- Fill your glass halfway with ice.
- Add Vodka, Half and Half, Kahlua, and finish with 1-2 oz. gingerbread simple syrup.
- Give the drink a gentle stir.
Use a cocktail shaker if desired.
Want a desserty treat, blend in a blender with vanilla ice cream.