Kahlua Latte – A boozy spin on a classic latte! Made with just a few simple ingredients including Kahlua coffee liqueur in less than 10 minutes!
This Kahlua latte is the perfect boozy coffee drink! I was inspired to make this recipe by my Bailey’s latte recipe after discovering how awesome Bailey’s was in a latte. This recipe is essentially the same but with Kahlua in it instead and it tastes great. Now, this recipe makes about one serving but you can always double or triple it if you are making it for more people. I suggest topping it with whipped cream and a bit of caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or white chocolate sauce to make it even better! You can also just add any of those sauces straight into the latte (add about 1 tablespoon).
Common Questions About Making a Kahlua Latte
What is Kahlua?
What is a Kahlua latte made of?
A Kahlua latte is made of espresso, milk, and Kahlua. This is a boozy drink that contains alcohol.
Can I make a latte without espresso?
Yes, so there are a few different options for ways to get close to espresso. The cheapest option would be to brew quite strong coffee in a normal coffee pot which won’t be exactly the same but it’ll work. If you have a moka pot or an aeropress coffee maker, those will get you pretty close to a regular espresso. If you use the moka pot or espresso, follow the same proportions in the recipe but if you choose to go the strongly brewed coffee route, use 3/4 cups coffee and 1/2 cup milk. Obviously, you can adjust the proportions of espresso/coffee to milk to your preference, some people enjoy stronger lattes than others.
What else can I make with Kahlua?
Some of my favorite uses of Kahlua include –
- Kahlua Frappuccino
- Kahlua Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Mudslide
- Kahlua Brownies
- Salted Caramel White Russian
Can’t get enough of this Kahlua latte recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Vanilla Latte
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Iced RumChata Latte
- Caramel Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Mocha
- 1/2 cup espresso* (see notes)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 ounce Kahlua
- Whipped cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm milk for about 5 minutes. The milk should be hot.
- Using an immersion blender, frother, or blender, blend milk until frothy.
- Pour Kahlua, espresso, and milk into a mug. Top with whipped cream and serve.
* Don't have an espresso machine? No worries - use 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee or make the "espresso" with an aeropress. Additionally, you could use instant espresso.
Find this recipe and more at Meal Plan Monday!
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe