Homemade Whipped Cream – Try making whipped cream at home with just 3 simple ingredients in 5 minutes. Great on top of drinks and desserts!
Homemade Whipped Cream
This homemade whipped cream is one of my go-to recipes. The stuff in the can just can’t compare to the fluffy and creamy yumminess that is homemade whipped cream. If you haven’t made whipped cream before, then you are in for a treat. It’s made from just heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. That’s it! You just beat those ingredients together in a stand mixer and ta da! You have whipped cream! Now you can do this without a stand mixer with a metal bowl and hand mixer but I do not suggest trying to whip cream by hand. Your arms will hurt well before you have any whipped cream.
Now this homemade whipped cream is good on everything from drinks to desserts or even just on it’s own with some fresh berries. Once you try it, you will never want the canned stuff again!
Common Questions About Making Homemade Whipped Cream
How do you make whipped cream from scratch?
Making whipped cream from scratch is really easy to do.
- Beat whipped cream until stiff peaks are about to form.
- Add in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat until stiffer peaks start to form.
Can I use evaporate milk instead of heavy whipping cream?
Yes, this is an easy substitute for heavy whipping cream. Simply place the evaporated milk in the freezer about 30 minutes before making the whipped cream and then follow the recipe exactly the same.
Why is my whipping cream not whipping?
Your whipped cream may not be forming correctly if it is –
- Too warm
- Not whipped enough
- Whipped too much (be careful, it can turn into butter if you whip it too much)
What flavors can I add to whipped cream?
There are so many options! Some of my favorite varieties of whipped cream include –
- Salted Caramel
- Peanut Butter
Looking for recipes to put this whipped cream on to? Check these out!
- Vanilla Latte
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Iced Green Tea Latte
- Chai Tea Latte
- White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the metal bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy whipping cream using the whisk attachment on medium-high speed until peak are almost about to form. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until peaks form. Make sure not to over beat or it will become lumpy.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
* If you have time to freeze the metal stand mixer bowl, please do. This helps the cream whip easier.