Bailey’s Latte – A boozy spin on a classic latte! Made with just a few simple ingredients including Bailey’s Irish Cream in less than 10 minutes!
What’s not to love about Bailey’s? It’s a favorite liquor of many that can be used in so many delicious things anytime of the year (although it does get especially popular around St. Patrick’s Day). Since many people put Bailey’s in their coffee as a special treat, I thought it would be fun to try making a Bailey’s latte! Now this recipe is simple – just milk, espresso, Bailey’s, and chocolate syrup. Now the chocolate is pretty optional but I thought it would be a great addition because there is already cocoa in Bailey’s so it would just add a bit more of that flavor. Whether you make this drink for St. Patrick’s Day or as a fun, boozy treat, you are bound to love it!
Common Questions About Making a Bailey’s Latte
What is Bailey’s?
What is a Bailey’s latte made of?
A Bailey’s latte is made of espresso, milk, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and chocolate syrup. This is a boozy drink that contains alcohol.
Can I make a latte without espresso?
Yes, so there are a few different options for ways to get close to espresso. The cheapest option would be to brew quite strong coffee in a normal coffee pot which won’t be exactly the same but it’ll work. If you have a moka pot or an aeropress coffee maker, those will get you pretty close to regular espresso. If you use the moka pot or espresso, follow the same proportions in the recipe but if you choose to go the strongly brewed coffee route, use 3/4 cups coffee and 1/2 cup milk. Obviously, you can adjust the proportions of espresso/coffee to milk to your preference, some people enjoy stronger lattes than others.
What else can I make with Bailey’s Irish Cream?
Some of my favorite uses of Bailey’s Irish Cream include –
- Boozy Bailey’s Frappuccino
- Bailey’s Hot Chocolate
- White Chocolate Mudslide
- Tropical Bailey’s Colada
- Bailey’s Crumb Cake
- Cream Cheese Frosted Bailey’s Brownies
Can’t get enough of this Bailey’s latte recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Vanilla Latte
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Mocha Frappuccino
- Caramel Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Mocha
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and chocolate syrup. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes or until the syrup has fully combined with the milk and the milk is hot.
- Using an immersion blender, frother, or blender, blend milk until frothy.
- Pour Bailey's, espresso, and milk mixture into a mug. Top with whipped cream and extra chocolate syrup (optional).
* Don't have an espresso machine? No worries - use 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee or make the "espresso" with an aeropress. Additionally, you could use instant espresso.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe