Salted Caramel Mocha Latte – Make this coffee house favorite at home with just a few simple ingredients in less than 10 minutes!
Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
I can’t believe how great this salted caramel mocha latte is! While the name may be a mouthful, it combines two of the best types of lattes – caramel and mocha! This drink is always a go-to for my husband at coffeeshops so he was over the moon when I figured out how to make it right at home. While this recipe makes about 1 serving, you can always double or triple it if you are making it for more than just yourself… or if you want a bigger serving. No judgies, we’ve all been there and it’s a great drink! Additionally, if you are more of a white chocolate fan, you could always substitute in white chocolate sauce for the chocolate sauce, it tastes great!
Common Questions About Making a Mocha Latte
What is a salted caramel mocha latte made of?
A salted caramel mocha latte is made of espresso, milk, caramel sauce, and chocolate syrup.
What is the difference between a latte and a caramel mocha?
This seems to be a common question with a very simple answer – a caramel mocha latte is simply a normal latte (made with espresso and steamed milk) plus caramel and chocolate syrup in it.
Can a caramel mocha latte be vegan?
While it may not be listed as vegan in the recipe, it can be made vegan with some simple swaps.
- Swap dairy milk for your favorite dairy alternatives such as soy, oat, or almond milk.
- Check that your chocolate syrup is vegan! It should be as the main ingredients are usually sugar, corn syrup, and cocoa powder but it’s worth confirming.
- Sub out the whipped cream for a vegan whipped cream made with something like coconut milk! You can either make it at home or buy it in a can from most grocery stores.
- Get vegan caramel sauce! Normally, caramel is made with butter and cream but vegan caramel sauce can be made with a coconut base.
Can I make a latte without espresso?
Yes, so there are a few different options for ways to get close to espresso. The cheapest option would be to brew quite strong coffee in a normal coffee pot which won’t be exactly the same but it’ll work. If you have a moka pot or an aeropress coffee maker, those will get you pretty close to regular espresso. If you use the moka pot or espresso, follow the same proportions in the recipe but if you choose to go the strongly brewed coffee route, use 3/4 cups coffee and 1/2 cup milk. Obviously, you can adjust the proportions of espresso/coffee to milk to your preference, some people enjoy stronger lattes than others.
Can’t get enough of this salted caramel mocha latte recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Iced Vanilla Latte
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Mocha Latte
- Caramel Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Mocha
* Don't have an espresso machine? No worries - use 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee or make the "espresso" with an aeropress.
* I give a range for how much chocolate and caramel to add because it really depends how sweet of a latte you like. Taste it to see how much you think it needs.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe