Passion Fruit Mojito – A classic mojito with a spin! Just 7 simple ingredients make this passion fruit cocktail the perfect summer drink.
Passion Fruit Mojito
One of my new favorite flavors for this summer is passion fruit! I love how bright and delicious it is, perfect for all sorts of cocktails and drinks. This passion fruit mojito has so much flavor and is bound to make anyone a passion fruit fan!
When I serve this recipe, I like to put lots of fresh mint leaves and pieces of lime in. It makes the drink visually interesting and beautiful while also lending a little extra flavor. I suggest leaving the mint leaves whole so that it’s harder to end up with one going up your straw.
The recipe makes one serving but you can always scale it up if you are serving more people. Enjoy!
Common Questions About Making a Passion Fruit Mojito
What is in a passion fruit mojito?
A passion fruit mojito is typically made with white rum, lime, club soda, mint, passion fruit, and simple syrup.
Do you shake a mojito?
No, mojitos are served mixed over ice instead of shaken.
Do you muddle mint and sugar or use a simple syrup?
The traditional way is to muddle mint (crushing mint and sugar granules together) but personally, I prefer to make a simple syrup and just have it on hand to muddle with mint. Click HERE for my simple syrup recipe.
What drinkware can I serve a mojito in?
Typically, a mojito is served in a collins glass but it is totally up to you. I love putting mine in mason jars or just pretty glasses.
Can I make a mojito without alcohol?
Yes! Click HERE for my mojito mocktail recipe!
What can I garnish a mojito with?
Garnishing a mojito with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime looks great.
What other types of mojitos can I make?
It’s so easy to make variations on mojitos! Some of my favorites include –
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Check these out!
- 4 lime wedges
- 1/4 cup frozen passion fruit puree cubes (or 3 tablespoons seeded passion fruit puree)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- 5 ounces club soda
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Put the lime wedges, passion fruit, mint leaves, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum into a cocktail shaker. Muddle until the lime and passion fruit are smashed and have released their juices.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled glass. Top with the club soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a lime wedge (optional).
* Pitaya is the brand of frozen, seeded passion fruit puree that I used. It can be ordered online or found at Target. Alternatively, you can use 3 tablespoons seeded passion fruit puree.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe