Strawberry Frosé – This sweet and boozy frosé is the perfect summertime drink! Filled with great strawberry flavor and just a hint of sweetness.
Raise your hands if you love rosé! I am a big fan and last summer, I discovered the joys of making frosé, a frozen cocktail made with… rosé! It was refreshing and absolutely perfect on a hot summer day. I started making strawberry frosés this year and I think they are even better than the classic version. The strawberries add a wonderful fruity flavor that just can’t be topped!
The recipe calls for just two ingredients – frozen strawberries and rosé wine with a third optional ingredient – simple syrup. If you like sweeter frozen cocktails, add this. If not, just skip it. It is completely optional and will only impact the sweetness of the drink.
Common Questions About Making Strawberry Frosé
What is a strawberry frosé?
A strawberry frosé is a frozen cocktail made by blending together rosé wine and frozen strawberries.
What is rosé?
Rosé is a wine (generally) made by juicing red grapes and letting it soak with the skins for a few days. It can vary in the shade of pink it is and can be still, semi-sparkling, or sparkling.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 6 servings.
Additional Notes –
- You really need a good quality high speed blender for this recipe! A Vitamix is preferred but a Ninja will also work!
- For extra flavor (and alcohol), add ½ cup of vodka, peach schnapps, or triple sec in Step 1.
Ingredient Notes –
- Frozen strawberries bring out the sweetness and fruitiness in the rose but you could also use mango, pineapple, or a mix!
- Rose is the key to this frose– you don’t have to use a super expensive bottle but make sure it’s one that you would want to drink because it is the prominent flavor in this cocktail.
- If you like your cocktails a little sweeter, feel free to add simple syrup, honey, or agave.
Looking for more summer cocktail recipes? Check these out!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) frozen strawberries
- 1 bottle (750 mL) rosé wine
- (Optional) 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Add the strawberries, rosé, and simple syrup (if using) to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into your desired glasses and serve.
- Enjoy immediately - if the frosé starts to melt, blend it with a cup of ice and make it slushy again.
Click HERE to follow us on Pinterest for even more recipes!
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.