Paloma Cocktail – A classic cocktail made with 3 simple ingredients. This grapefruit cocktail is bright, fresh, and perfect for summer.
Grapefruit is one of my favorite summer flavors. Whether it’s in a grapefruit moscow mule or just simply a glass of grapefruit juice, it’s such a wonderfully bright flavor. One of the very best ways to use a grapefruit is to make a paloma cocktail. Now this is just about one of the easiest cocktail recipes ever. It’s made with just grapefruit juice, lime juice, and tequila. Just mix it up and serve over ice – that’s it!
This recipe makes about 1 serving but you can always double, triple, etc the recipe if you want to make it for more people. It’s great for summer parties!
Common Questions About Making a Paloma
What is a paloma?
A paloma is a cocktail that is made with tequila, grapefruit juice, and lime juice.
Can I use pre-made grapefruit juice?
Of course! While fresh juice is ideal, pre-made grapefruit juice will still work great.
How should I serve a paloma?
A paloma should be served on the rocks.
What kind of glass should I serve a paloma in?
Traditionally, it is a cocktail served in a highball glass but you can really use anything that you have on hand.
Can I sweeten a paloma?
Yes! Depending on the season, your grapefruit might not be super sweet so you can sweeten the drink with 1/2-1 ounce simple syrup.
Can I make it a sparkling cocktail?
Yes! So you can use a splash of club soda or sparkling soda or you can substitute grapefruit soda (Fresca, Jarritos, or Squirt) for the fresh grapefruit juice.
What kind of garnish should I use?
This drink can be served with a wedge of lime or wheel of grapefruit.
What other varieties of palomas can I make?
Palomas are so easy to customize with different flavors! Some favorite are –
- Pineapple Paloma
- Peach Paloma
- Blackberry Paloma
Looking for more classic cocktails? Check these recipes out!
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Add the grapefruit juice, tequila, and lime juice to a pitcher or a cocktail shaker and stir to combine.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice (or no ice, your choice). Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and a slice of lime.
- Enjoy immediately.
* If you like a sugar or salt rim, fill a small dish with water or simple syrup and another small dish with the sugar or salt. Dip the edge of the glass in the water and then into the sugar/salt. Set aside until ready to use.
* Want the drink to have a bit of sweetness? Add 1/2-1 ounce simple syrup.
* Freshly squeeze juice is preferred.
* For a fizzy paloma, add a splash of sparkling water or club soda. Alternatively, you can substitute grapefruit soda (like fresca) for the grapefruit juice.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story by clicking HERE.