Screwdriver Cocktail – The easiest cocktail ever! Made with just orange juice and vodka, it’s a bright summer cocktail.
Have you ever had a screwdriver cocktail before because if not, then you are in for a treat! It doesn’t get easier than this – it’s made with just orange juice and vodka. Mix them together and serve over ice with a slice of orange on the rim.
This recipe makes one serving but you can always double, triple, etc it if you want to make more serving. I like to use fresh mandarin orange juice but you can really use any orange juice that you want, fresh or pre-made.
Common Questions About Making a Screwdriver Cocktail
What is a screwdriver?
A screwdriver is a cocktail that is made with vodka and orange juice.
Can I use pre-made orange juice?
Of course! While fresh juice is ideal, pre-made orange juice will still work great.
What kind of orange should I use?
Any orange will do! I used mandarin juice but a navel, blood, valencia, etc will all work.
How should I serve a screwdriver?
A screwdriver should be served on the rocks.
What kind of glass should I serve a screwdriver in?
Traditionally, it is a cocktail served in a highball glass but you can really use anything that you have on hand.
Can I sweeten a screwdriver?
Yes! Depending on the season, your orange might not be super sweet so you can sweeten the drink with 1/2-1 ounce simple syrup.
Can I make it a sparkling cocktail?
Yes! So you can use a splash of club soda or sparkling soda or you can substitute orange soda for the fresh orange juice.
What kind of garnish should I use?
This drink can be served with a wedge of lime or wheel of orange.
What other varieties of screwdrivers can I make?
Screwdrivers are so easy to customize with different flavors! Some favorite are –
- Pineapple Screwdriver
- Cranberry Screwdriver
- Mango Screwdriver
Looking for more classic cocktails? Check these recipes out!
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- Add the orange juice and vodka to a cocktail shaker or pitcher and stir to combine.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a slide of orange.
- Enjoy immediately.
* If you like a sugar or salt rim, fill a small dish with water or simple syrup and another small dish with sugar or salt. Dip the edge of the glass in the water/simple syrup and then into the sugar/salt. Set aside until ready to use.
* Freshly squeezed juice is preferred.
* If you prefer to serve this drink without ice in the glass, add ice to the juice and vodka to chill it before straining it into the glass.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.