Frozen Hot Chocolate – A delicious spin on classic hot chocolate. Made with just hot chocolate mix, milk, and ice and blended until smooth!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is seriously one of the best drinks ever but sometimes, I don’t want a warm drink. When that happens, I always go and make a frozen hot chocolate. Now the name is a bit of any oxymoron – frozen hot chocolate – but it really sums it up well. It’s made with just 3 simple ingredients – milk, ice, and powdered hot chocolate packages so it is basically the easiest drink ever to make. Just pop the ingredients in a blender together and you’ve got yourself a yummy frozen drink perfect for hot summer days.
Now this recipe makes about one serving so you can easily double or triple it. I like to serve it topped with a bit of whipped cream and chocolate sauce to make it even more special.
Common Questions About Making a Frozen Hot Chocolate
What is a frozen hot chocolate?
Frozen hot chocolate is a simple blended drink made with powdered hot chocolate packets, ice, and milk.
Do I have to use powdered hot chocolate?
No, you could use homemade hot chocolate powder or you could make 1 serving of homemade hot chocolate, let it cool, and then blend it with ice until smooth.
What other types of frozen hot chocolate recipes can I make?
There are so many yummy add ins and flavors you can make a frozen hot chocolate. Some of my favorites include –
- Salted Caramel Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Bailey’s Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Frozen White Hot Chocolate
- Toasted Marshmallow Frozen Hot Chocolate
Looking for more hot chocolate recipes? Check these out!
- Strawberry White Hot Chocolate
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- S’mores Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 packets hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream (optional).
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!