Crack Dip – An addicting dip that you are going to want to make for every party! Made with just 7 ingredients in less than five minutes, it couldn’t be any easier!
Crack dip is the BEST! It has all of the best flavors – bacon, ranch, and cheddar combined into one perfect dip that is great for dipping chips, veggies, and more into! It has a base made from cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo so it is perfectly creamy with a bit of zing. It’s a favorite whenever I bring it to parties or holiday events with seldom any left by the end of the night.
Common Questions About Making Crack Dip
What is crack dip?
Crack dip is a simple, no bake dip that is made by combining cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, a ranch seasoning packet, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions. It is served chilled.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 6 servings but it can easily be doubled or even tripled if you are making it for a large group.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! You can make it up to a day ahead of time, just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What can I serve this dip with?
Some of my favorite things to serve this dip with include –
- Potato chips
- Bagel chips
- Pretzel chips
- Veggie tray
Should I use pre-cooked bacon bits or cook it myself?
I suggest cooking it yourself, it’s hard to top freshly cooked bacon in flavor but honestly, the pre-cooked stuff works well too if you want to save yourself the mess and time.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check these out!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup bacon bits (or 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Thinly sliced green onion (for garnish)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, and ranch. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and 2/3 cup bacon bits.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the remaining cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Click HERE to follow us on Pinterest for even more recipes!