Coconut Cooler – A creamy and refreshing drink that’s perfect for summer! Made with just 7 simple ingredients, this non-alcoholic coconut drink is perfect for the whole family.
Are you ready for summer?! I am, it snowed yesterday and I just feel ready to enjoy the sun and pretend like it’s warm out! One of the most refreshing summer drinks is this coconut cooler recipe, it is inspired by my horchata recipe but with coconut instead of rice. Each sip is creamy and filled with coconut flavor.
Common Questions About Making a Coconut Cooler
What is a coconut cooler?
A coconut cooler is a refreshing, non-alcoholic drink made by blending together pieces of coconut, coconut water, condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and water. It is served over ice.
Can I add alcohol?
Absolutely! I would suggest using rum and adding it to taste.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 6 servings but it can easily be doubled.
What should I do if I can’t get a whole coconut?
If you can’t find a whole coconut, I suggest using coconut milk. It won’t be the same but it will still flavor it nicely. Alternatively, sometimes you can find pre-cut coconut which would work along with a bottle of coconut water.
Should I use fresh coconut water or bottled?
Either! If you have a whole coconut, definitely use the liquid from it but the bottled coconut water will also work.
Is there anything else I can add to this drink?
A bit of fresh pineapple or even mango would be delicious added into the blender.
What can I garnish this drink with?
I like using a slice of coconut and mint as garnish.
Looking for more summer drink recipes? Check these out!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 medium coconut (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups of water
- If you are using a natural coconut, begin by making a small hole in the coconut to remove the water. Open in in half and keep the meat to chop into small pieces.
- Add the coconut flesh, the coconut water, 4 cups of water, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla into a blender. Blend until it is smooth and the coconut is very soft.
- Strain half of the liquid into a pitcher and add the rest without straining so that you have some pieces of fresh coconut. If you don't want any pieces, strain all of the liquid.
- Pour in the remaining 4 cups of water and stir until combined.
- Serve over ice and enjoy.
Click HERE to follow us on Pinterest for even more recipes!