Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – One of the BEST appetizer recipes! Pieces of chicken wrapped in bacon and baked with brown sugar, dijon mustard, and paprika. So addicting and great for parties!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
This might just be one of my all-time favorite appetizers to make for game day parties. Salty, spicy, and a bit sweet, these chicken bites are so addicting. To make them, just cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces and wrap it in bacon. You then secure the bacon in place with a toothpick before transferring them to a pan that has brown sugar, paprika, and dijon mustard in it. Once baked, the bacon and chicken is flavorful and perfectly caramelized. They are great served as is or with your favorite dipping sauces.
Common Questions About Making Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
What are bacon wrapped chicken bites?
Bacon wrapped chicken bites are exactly what they sound like – pieces of chicken tenderloin that is wrapped in bacon and then cooked in a pan with brown sugar, paprika, and dijon mustard. They are usually served as an appetizer.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4-6 servings but it can always be doubled if you want to make them for a bigger group.
Are these are an appetizer or a meal?
I serve these at parties as appetizers but they also make an amazing dinner over mashed potatoes.
Can I make the bacon crispier?
You can broil these for a bit at the end if you like your bacon extra crispy.
Can I make them a bit spicier?
You can add a bit of cajun seasoning if you would like a kick.
Can they be prepped ahead of time?
You can make these a few hours ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check these out!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 pound bacon (cut into thirds)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and paprika.
- Sprinkle about a cup of the brown sugar mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the chicken bites into the baking dish.
- Mix the remaining brown sugar mix with the mustard and then drizzle this mix all over the top of the chicken bites.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then baste the chicken bites with the sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes - you want the chicken cooked through and the bacon browned.
- Serve immediately.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.