Cherry Lemonade Cocktail – A quick and easy cocktail perfect for summer or parties! All you need is three simple ingredients! If you love lemonade, then this is the cocktail for you!
Cherry Lemonade Cocktail
When it comes to summer drinks, lemonade is always my go-to drink! Whether it’s my boozy mango lemonade or even just classic lemonade, it’s always delicious! For this cherry lemonade cocktail recipe, I decided I wanted it to be super easy to make while also being refreshing and delicious. All you need are three simple ingredients – lemonade, cherry syrup, and vodka.
Something I love about it is that you can use pre-made lemonade and cherry syrup or make both yourself, I’ve included recipes for both below if you want to give that a try! Honestly, I’m usually pretty lazy and will just buy both pre-made from the store so I can have it on hand for whenever I am having a hankering for this drink!
Common questions about making lemonade cocktails
What alcohol to mix with lemonade?
Some of the popular alcohols to mix with lemonade include:
Can you drink vodka with lemonade?
Yes, combining vodka and lemonade is a very popular combination. Vodka pairs well with citrus flavors so using lemonade with it in cocktails such as this cherry lemonade cocktail works very well.
How do I make fresh lemonade?
To make fresh lemonade, you will need:
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Once sugar is dissolved, set aside and let cool.
Once cool, combine the simple syrup with the rest of the water and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
Other tips and tricks on this cherry lemonade cocktail recipe
- I used pre-made cherry syrup that I picked up at the store but if you want to make homemade cherry syrup, here is a recipe:
- Bring 1 cup of pitted cherries, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan to medium-high heat for 10 minutes, reduce heat if it begins to boil.
- Smash cherries with a potato smasher or fork before pouring through a strainer into a container.
- Let cool before placing in the refrigerator for storage.
- If you want to serve this to kids, feel free to leave out the vodka, it tastes great without it too!
Can’t get enough of this cherry lemonade cocktail recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Spiked Raspberry Lemonade Cocktail from Snacks and Sips
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade from Mildly Meandering
- Raspberry Lemonade Moscato Lime Spritzer from Who Needs a Cape?
- 2 cups lemonade
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Place ice in two cups and then evenly divide lemonade, maraschino cherry syrup, and vodka between the cups.
- Top with maraschino cherries and serve immediately.