White Chocolate Popcorn – The perfect festive snack for the holidays! Popcorn coated with white chocolate, cake mix, and sprinkles.
White Chocolate Popcorn
White chocolate popcorn is a part of our Christmas eve traditions every year. We make both this and chex mix to snack on while watching “Christmas Vacation” and it is always perfect! I love this white chocolate popcorn recipe because it is perfectly sweet and crunchy so it makes for great snacking. You can always add some mix-ins like pretzels, M&Ms, etc or you can leave it as it, no matter what, it will taste great!
I usually just use loose popcorn kernels that I cook over the stovetop to make the popcorn but you can always use bagged popcorn. If using bagged popcorn, I would suggest using a plain or sea salt popcorn. Using a butter flavor can be really overwhelming.
Common Questions About Making White Chocolate Popcorn
What is white chocolate popcorn?
White chocolate popcorn is a snack made from coating popcorn with a combination of melted white chocolate, cake mix, and festive sprinkles.
What kind of cake mix should I use?
I usually use white cake mix but you could also use funfetti or yellow.
Do I need to cook the cake mix?
Cake mix does contain raw flour which can contain bacteria. If you are concerned, preheat oven to 350°F, spread flour in a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, and bake for 5 minutes. It’s a super easy process.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4-6 servings for 1-1 1/2 cups of popcorn.
How should I store white chocolate popcorn?
I suggest storing the popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature.
Looking for more holiday recipes? Check these out!
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (11-12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup white cake mix*
- Christmas sprinkles
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in your microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth.
- Add the cake mix to the white chocolate and stir until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine popped popcorn and melted white chocolate. Stir until it is evenly coated.
- Spread the popcorn out on parchment paper and sprinkle the pan with a liberal amount of sprinkles.
- Allow to cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container at room temperature. c