Whipped Feta Dip – A delicious and addicting dip made from roasted garlic, feta, cream cheese, and more. Great for parties served with veggies and pita chips!
Whipped Feta Dip
Feta is one of my FAVORITE cheeses! I love putting it on everything from salads to wraps but one of the best ways to use it is in this roasted garlic whipped feta dip. It has a delicious flavor from the roasted garlic and that salty zing from feta cheese that just can’t be beat. I love how easy it is to whip up for parties!
Common Questions About Making Whipped Feta Dip
What is whipped feta dip?
Whipped feta dip is a simple dip made by combining roasted garlic, cream cheese, feta, lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh herbs. They are pulsed in a food processor so that it’s smooth and served.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 1.5 cups but it can easily be doubled.
What can I serve this dip with?
Some of my favorite things to serve this dip with include –
- Pita chips
- Fresh veggies
How long does this dip last?
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Ingredient Notes –
- Garlic is what gives this dip flavor! Make sure to keep the skin and root intact so the garlic head roasts evenly.
- Olive oil helps the garlic roast and adds richness and saltiness to the dip.
- Feta adds delicious saltiness and whips into a smooth and creamy dip.
- Cream cheese adds creaminess and helps make this more of a dip than a classic whipped feta.
- Fresh lemon juice adds acidity and freshness to the dip. It helps brighten up the feta and garlic flavors so the dip isn’t too rich.
- I love thyme and parsley with garlic and feta but a small pinch of fresh rosemary or oregano would also be delicious– just make sure not to add too much (about ½ teaspoon should be plenty).
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check these out!
- 1 small garlic head
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut 1/4" off the top of the head of garlic, leaving the root and skins intact. Drizzle over 1 teaspoon olive oil and wrap the garlic tightly in foil.
- Bake the garlic for 30 minutes, or until the cloves are fork tender. Remove the garlic from the foil and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the garlic has cooled, place the softened feta, cream cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Squeeze 5 garlic cloves out of their skins and place them in the food processor, along with the thyme and parsley. Pulse until the garlic is broken up and well combined. Save the remaining garlic cloves for another recipe or add a few more to the dip - up to you!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (or add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat). Serve with crudite or pita chips.
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.