Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail! Great for parties, this easy to make holiday drink is festive and delicious.
The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail
The beloved day of my people is coming in just a few short weeks…St. Patrick’s Day! Truth be told, I think based on genealogical research my dad completed, I’m actually more Scottish than Irish. But hey, we’re ALL Irish one day a year, am I right?One year many moons ago, I actually went out on St. Patrick’s Day. There was a newer microbrew pub (this was before craft beer emerged) that had a comedian and Irish sing-a-long. It was so much fun, but then I became a hermit and decided there were too many inebriated people out and about on St. Patrick’s Day and staying at home is the way to go for me.
So, if you are anything like me and sitting your butt at home this St. Patrick’s Day, join me in enjoying a delicious cocktail. Introducing The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail! Containing one of the most endearing flavors of good old St. Patrick’s, Baileys Irish Cream. Which of course you know makes it delicious.
The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail is easy to make, you don’t need to be a mixologist. The only ingredient you may not have already is Creme de Menthe liqueur.
What is Creme de Menthe liqueur?
Crème de menthe is a sweet, mint-flavored alcoholic beverage. If you’ve ever enjoyed a Grasshopper Cocktail, you’ve had Creme de Menthe. It comes in both green and clear forms. Want to try a dessert using Creme de Menthe? Try our Boozy Grasshopper Parfait. Click HERE to check it out!
Baileys Irish Cream is definitely a favorite for me if I’m desiring a creamy cocktail. Add in a couple of other delicious flavors and you have yourself a winner here perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or really any day for that matter.
What ingredients do you need to make The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail?
- Creme de Menthe
- Baileys Irish Cream
- Half and Half
- Optional decor: chocolate syrup and sprinkles
Some tips for making The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail:
- If you would like to decorate the rim of your glasses, simply dip the edge of the glass in chocolate syrup and then sprinkles of choice.
- I served my cocktail over ice. I also chilled my glass, it’s a personal preference.
- Want more of a dessert cocktail? Serve over a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Trust me, this is delicious. Or blend with the ice cream in your blender, yum!
- I used a cocktail shaker. If you don’t have one, you can simply combine ingredients in a larger glass, stir and pour into serving glass.
Simple steps for making The Tipsy Shamrock Cocktail:
In a cocktail shaker over ice add Creme de Menthe.
Next, add in the Vodka.
Next, add in the Baileys.
Finally, add in the Half and Half.
Place lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake and pour over ice in a glass.
Other amazing drinks for St. Patrick’s Day:
Sparkling Leprechaun Kiss | Hot Eat Cool Reads
Irish Coffee Milkshake Shooters | Culinary Ginger
Copycat Shamrock Shake | Who Needs A Cape?
- 1/2 ounce Creme de Menthe
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 ounce Half and Half
- In a cocktail shaker over ice add Creme de Menthe.
- Next, add in the Vodka.
- Next, add in the Baileys.
- Finally, add in the Half and Half.
- Place lid on the cocktail shaker. Shake and pour over ice in a glass.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!