Strawberry Lemonade – A simple, 4 ingredient drink that is bright and refreshing. Homemade lemonade with a strawberry puree mixed in and served over ice.
When I was a kid, one of my go-to drinks to get at a restaurant was strawberry lemonade. It was always such a bright punch of flavor and something that most restaurants could make with the ingredients that they had. One of my favorite places to get it was at Red Robin where it even came in a fun shaped glass with tons of pieces of strawberries!
All of these years later, it is a favorite drink to make for guests during the summer because you can make a nice big batch super easily. With the snow finally starting to melt here in Michigan, I was getting antsy for summer and I decided to make a batch of strawberry lemonade this week. It was the perfect way to sip away those winter blues while pretending I was somewhere much warmer.
Now this strawberry lemonade recipe is super easy, you need just 4 simple ingredients and about 10 minutes. The recipe makes about 4-6 servings (depending on how much each person grabs) so you can always double or triple it if you are making it for more people.
Common Questions About Making Strawberry Lemonade
What is strawberry lemonade?
Strawberry lemonade is a drink made with lemonade and strawberry puree. The lemonade is made by making a simple syrup out of water and sugar which is then combined with a strawberry puree and fresh lemon juice.
Should I use homemade lemonade or pre-made lemonade?
You can use whichever you prefer. If you have a pre-made lemonade that you love or you just don’t want to deal with making the lemonade from scratch, that is totally fine! Just combine 6 cups of that with the strawberry puree.
Is pink lemonade the same as strawberry lemonade?
No, pink lemonade is generally just lemonade colored pink while strawberry lemonade is flavored with strawberries.
What else can I add I add to strawberry lemonade?
You can always mix other fruits into the puree such as raspberries, mango, pineapple, etc but I always like to add in some extra slices of strawberries and lemon as garnish. Additionally, you can substitute in some of the water for sparkling water or add in a splash of vodka to make it a boozy drink for adults.
What other types of lemonade can I make?
There are so many options! Some of my favorites include –
- Ginger Lemonade
- Kentucky Lemonade
- Blood Orange Lemonade
- Pineapple Lemonade
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Matcha Lemonade
- Lavender Lemonade
- Peach Lemonade
- Mango Lemonade
Looking for more refreshing drink recipes? Check these out!
- Sparkling Watermelon Lime Spritzer
- Italian Margarita
- Spiked Raspberry Lemonade Cocktail
- Orange Moscow Mule
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (stems removed)
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Place strawberries with 1 cup of water into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 cups of water with the sugar. Cook until the sugar fully dissolves (about 5 minutes).
- In a large pitcher, combine strawberry puree, sugar syrup, lemon juice, and remaining water. Stir until combined.
- Serve strawberry lemonade over ice.
* Want to make this drink even easier? Just use a jug of pre-made lemonade and combine that with the strawberry puree.
* Add a few slices of lemon, strawberries, or a sprig of mint to the lemonade before serving to add a bit of visual appeal.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe