This Sparkling Watermelon Lime Spritzer is easy to make and great for spring & summer sipping. Serve at your next brunch too!
Sparkling Watermelon Lime Spritzer
So the last lingering clumps of snow have finally melted in our yard! YAY! Know what that really means in my book? It means I’m thinking all things “spring and summer”, there’s no turning back, bring on the best flavors of these beloved seasons.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy cocktail that’s great for sipping on the deck, serving at brunch, or just enjoying over Spring Break. This Sparkling Watermelon Lime Spritzer combines two great flavors that just cry out for warm-weather sipping.
Around my neck of the woods, you don’t find good juicy watermelons in the grocery stores until closer to the official start of summer. The next best thing in my books is a store-bought juice. Simply Watermelon Juice Drink is found in the refrigerated juice section of most grocery stores and is every bit sweet as the real deal and instantly available to remind you how much you love watermelon.
I personally think the juice itself is a bit too sweet for everyday consumption on its own, but add in lime…that’s where it becomes a true taste of summer. Lime and watermelon are a great pairing, the lime cuts the sweetness of watermelon back just a touch and adds another level of flavor.
I also used Lime Flavored Sparkling Water in this cocktail along with fresh lime juice. I like my lime, what can I say. I think you’ll enjoy this refreshing drink as much as I do. Now…is it too early for flip-flops, just asking for a friend! 🙂
What ingredients do you need to make a Sparkling Watermelon Lime Spritzer?
- Simply Watermelon Juice Drink
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime flavored sparkling water
Some tips for making a Sparkling Watermelon Lime Spritzer:
- Simply Watermelon Juice Drink is found in the refrigerated juice section in grocery stores.
- You can use unflavored sparkling water, I’d personally just add a touch more freshly squeezed lime juice into the drink.
- If you have fresh watermelon juice, by all means, use that.
- A spritzer traditionally has white wine in it, this one has vodka and gets the “sparkling” fizz from sparkling water.
- Serve immediately after preparing.
Other fruity drinks to try:
- Italian Margarita
- Cara Cara Orange Margarita
- Banoffee Pie Cocktail
- Starburst Martini
- Orange Dirty Shirley Cocktail
Need some appetizers to go alongside? Try these: