Sausage Balls – The PERFECT appetizer for parties and the holidays. Made with just 3 simple ingredients, these sausage balls are going to be your new favorite appetizer.
Sausage balls have been a staple appetizer at my house for as long as I can remember. They are quick, easy, and most of all – delicious! With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I was planning on making another batch and decided I just had to get the recipe up on the site. Trust me, these are going to be a new favorite appetizer!
Common Questions About Making Sausage Balls
What are sausage balls?
Sausage balls are a simple appetizer made from combining pork sausage, bisquick, and cheddar cheese. Once mixed together, roll into balls and bake until golden brown.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 30 sausage balls.
How long do sausage balls last?
They last up to three days when stored in a refrigerated airtight container.
How can I reheat sausage balls?
I suggest either using an air fryer or an oven set at 350 degrees F for a few minutes until they are warm again. This helps keep the outside crisp.
What else can I add to sausage balls?
There are a few different things you can add to your sausage balls to jazz them up such as –
- Adding 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, sage, etc)
- Adding 4 ounces of cream cheese
- Adding 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of spice
Ingredient Notes –
- I like to use an herb seasoned pork sausage, but use whatever kind you like.
- I opt for sharp cheddar, but again, feel free to use whatever you like.
- Baking mix helps hold the sausage balls together and add a bit of substance – feel free to use homemade or store bought.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check these out!
- Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Savory Apple Sausage Balls
- Hawaiian Meatballs
- Southwest Eggrolls
- Loaded Potato Skins
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 bag (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, shredded cheese, and baking mix. Make sure to combine the mixture gently, without packing it too tightly.
- Scoop the mixture into 1 tablespoon sized balls and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet. I used a cookie scoop to ensure that all of the balls are the same size.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the balls are golden brown and the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the sausage balls from the oven and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess grease.
- Serve either warm or room temperature with a garnish of fresh parsley or rosemary (optional).
- Store any leftover sausage balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.