Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew – Iced cold brew topped with light and airy homemade salted caramel cold foam! A delicious new way to drink cold brew coffee!
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Love cold foam? Love salted caramel? Love cold brew coffee? Then this is the drink for you! Based on my cold foam cold brew, this version uses salted caramel simple syrup to sweeten the cold foam and give it that wonderful caramel flavor. I like to serve the drink with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce (or even bourbon salted caramel sauce if I’m feeling fancy) for even more caramel flavor.
Common Questions About Making Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
What is a salted caramel cream cold brew?
Salted caramel cream cold brew is a spin on the popular cold foam cold brew that is an iced glass of cold brewed coffee topped with a light and airy cold foam light sweetened with salted caramel simple syrup.
How can I make cold foam?
I suggest using a french press to make the cold foam which you do by pressing the plunger up and down until it doubles in volume but you can also use a milk frother. You might not get quite as much this way but either will work, depending on what equipment you have on hand.
What kind of caramel should I use?
I suggest using a salted caramel simple syrup (like the ones that Torani or Starbucks) make as it has a lot thinner consistency than a regular caramel sauce. If you don’t have any caramel simple syrup, warm a bit of caramel sauce until it thins out a it and is the consistency that can be drizzled and then use it.
Should I use homemade cold brew or pre-made?
Either! I used homemade (click HERE for the recipe) but pre-made is totally fine!
Looking for more coffee recipes? Check these out!
- Creme Brulee Latte
- Java Chip Frappuccino
- Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cold Brew
- 2 cups cold brew
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon salted caramel simple syrup *(see notes)
- In a french press, combine half-and-half with the salted caramel simple syrup. Cover with the lid and move the plunger up and down until the half-and-half has doubled in volume. It will take quite a few plunges (30-ish).
- Fill a glass with ice and cold brew, saving at least 1" of space on top for the cold foam. Top with cold foam and a drizzle of caramel sauce (optional) and serve.
* Salted caramel simple syrup mixes into the cold foam better than normal caramel sauce as it has a lot thinner consistency. If you don't have any, warm a bit of caramel sauce until it thins out a it and is the consistency that can be drizzled and then use it.