Salted Caramel Apple Pizza is a delicious way to enjoy an apple dessert. Easy to make, this family favorite is great for autumn parties and holidays.
Salted Caramel Apple Pizza
Before I start hearing “don’t rush all things fall, it is still summer” coming from followers. I will preface this post by saying trust me in the fact that Salted Caramel Apple PIzza is delicious year round.
There’s obviously a huge push to enjoy all things apple and pumpkin related in the crisp autumn months. But there’s no reason to reserve these amazing flavors to just a couple short months on the calendar.
Salted Caramel Apple Pizza is great for so many occasions, everything from family movie night to casual entertaining to simply needing a sweet treat. What I love about this yummy dessert is that it is not only simple to make but you can get the kids in the kitchen and let them have a hand in preparation.
The basis of Salted Caramel Apple Pizza begins with a pre-made refrigerated pizza crust. I’ve fallen head over heels in love with the convenience of a good quality pre-made pizza crust that I can keep on hand in the refrigerator. They are not only versatile items to have on hand for dinner, but as you can see here they are key components in creating delicious desserts. Oh and don’t forget appetizers, they definitely set the groundwork for amazing starters.
Next, you slice apples and mix with some lemon, cinnamon, and flour. The apple mixture gets spread over the crust, and then a simple to prepare streusel topping goes over the apples. Easy, right? Now pop into the oven and get ready to dive in.
When the Salted Caramel Apple Pizza comes out of the oven it gets a nice drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of chopped dry roasted peanuts. The final touch is a pinch of sea salt which when combined with all the other flavors brings this to dessert to life and makes it over the top delish!
Other deliciously simple desserts to try:
Amaretto Peach No Bake Cheesecake | Snacks and Sips
Carrot Cake Mug Cake | Mildly Meandering
Raspberry Daiquiri Pie | Who Needs A Cape?
- 1 package Bistro Pizza Crust, refrigerated
- 3 cups Granny Smith Apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- sea salt
- caramel sauce
- dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Unroll pizza crust according to package directions.
- Combine in a bowl: apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, flour, and sugar. Mix well.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over crust.
- Combine in a bowl: softened butter, cinnamon, rolled oats, brown sugar and flour.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle streusel mixture over top of apples.
- Bake pizza approximately 20 minutes until crust is light brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce, chopped peanuts, and sea salt if desired.
- Cut with pizza cutter prior to serving.
I used caramel ice cream topping in a squeeze bottle for easy application.
Recipe adapted from: Caramel Apple Pizza
Now tell me, what’s your favorite way to enjoy apple desserts? Comment below!