Pistachio Latte – A delicious homemade latte made with the perfect light nutty flavor. Made with just 3 ingredients, this latte is sure to be a new favorite!
I have been OBSESSED with the Starbucks pistachio latte this season. After seeing it on the sign there, I knew that I had to figure out how to make the perfect pistachio latte at home. The first step was to make a homemade pistachio simple syrup. Now you can totally buy pistachio simple syrup at the grocery store or online but I love making it myself because it is so easy. The base drink is just espresso, milk, and pistachio simple syrup but you can jazz it up and make it your own by adding a bit of honey or even a bit of brown butter caramel sauce. I know, caramel sounds a little weird but the version Starbucks has does have a brown butter cookie topping on it. Totally optional though, I kept the recipe purely pistachio and I was happy with how it tasted.
Common Questions About Making a Pistachio Latte
What is a pistachio latte?
A pistachio latte is a latte made with espresso, milk, honey, and pistachio simple syrup.
Is pistachio good in drinks?
Yes, while it may sound a bit weird to put into a drink, it lends a nice nutty flavor that isn’t too overpowering and it’s a great addition to so many drinks.
Where can I get pistachio simple syrup?
Either you can make it at home by clicking HERE for the recipe or you can buy it in many grocery stores near the coffee department with other simple syrups or online. Companies like Monin or Torani sell it.
Are lattes sweet?
Lattes can either be sweet or not. A latte is made with steamed milk and espresso which is not a sweet drink but you can add syrups and flavors into it that make it sweet such as mocha or caramel.
How can I steam milk at home?
One of the best parts of a latte at a coffee shop is the steamed milk in the latte. The easiest way I have found to get a similar effect at home is once you have heated your milk, use an immersion blender to foam it up a bit before pouring into a mug.
Can I make a latte without espresso?
Yes, so there are a few different options for ways to get close to espresso. The cheapest option would be to brew quite strong coffee in a normal coffee pot which won’t be exactly the same but it’ll work. If you have a moka pot or an aeropress coffee maker, those will get you pretty close to regular espresso. If you use the moka pot or espresso, follow the same proportions in the recipe but if you choose to go the strongly brewed coffee route, use 3/4 cups coffee and 1/2 cup milk.
What else can I make with pistachio?
So many things! Some of my favorites include –
- Pistachio Macarons
- Pistachio Cookies
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Pistachio Muffins
Looking for more coffee recipes? Check these out!
- Honey Latte
- Vanilla Iced Latte
- Caramel Macchiato
- White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino
- Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
- 1 shot espresso*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pistachio simple syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm milk.
- Once milk has warmed, use an immersion blender, blender, or handheld mixer to froth milk (optional).
- Pour pistachio simple syrup into the bottom of a mug before topping it with the espresso and milk.
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and serve.
1. It is optional to whip the milk but it does get it closer to the consistency of the steamed milk that is used in lattes at coffee shops.
2. Don't have an espresso machine? No worries - use 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee or make the "espresso" with an aeropress or moka pot. Instant espresso will also work.
3. Feel free to use 2 shots espresso if you like a stronger drink.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe