Let this Magical Mermaid Cocktail sweep you away on a tropical getaway. Not only is this drink stunningly beautiful, but it also has the best flavors!
Magical Mermaid Cocktail
Fancy mixology isn’t what we normally share here at Snacks and Sips. Most of the time we share easy to make, simple recipes that will get you in and out of the kitchen or the bar and have you enjoying your food/drink in no time. Today though, we’re tempting you with a gorgeous layered cocktail that requires a tad more effort but pays off in its eye-catching look and delicious taste.
Introducing the Magical Mermaid Cocktail, a true beauty that will transport you to the salty shores of tropical destinations. Just like “real” mermaids, this enchanting cocktail is visually appealing. With the dynamic colors of the seashore, this drink truly transports you to a dreamy destination.
The Magical Mermaid Cocktail would be perfect served at small gatherings such as a girls brunch, book clubs, or a deck party during the summer. Your mixology skills might come into play a bit more with the concoction, but I assure you the end result will be worth it.
What exactly is a layered drink?
Visually eye-catching cocktails and shots are layered with different colored liqueurs or liquids to form a stunning effect. Often the layers are stacked heaviest to lightest as to “sit” atop of each other.
Which ingredients do you need to make this recipe?
- Torani Coconut Syrup
- Torani Vanilla Syrup
- ICE Lemonade Sparkling Water
- Neon Food coloring: green, blue, purple
- Garnish: Pineapple slices & maraschino cherry
Some tips for making this drink:
- Use a simple clear glass for the best presentation.
- Amazon has a cocktail layering kit. Or you can simply pour the layers very slowly over the back of a spoon.
- The food color used is McCormick Neon Colors.
- Serve immediately upon making and garnishing.
Simple steps which guiding you on layering this cocktail:
Please note that complete directions are found below in the recipe card.
Combine Torani syrups and neon green food coloring.
Mix together ICE Lemonade Sparkling Water
Pour the blue mixture over the green.
Top with the purple mixture.
Garnish with pineapple and maraschino cherry. Serve immediately.
Try these other festive and fun cocktail creations:
- Tropical Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
- Amaretto Aloha Cocktail
- Passion Fruit Mojito
- Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
You’ll need a great appetizer alongside, try these:
- 1/4 cup Torani Coconut Syrup
- 1/4 cup Torani Vanilla Syrup
- 1 drop neon green food color
- 1 cup ICE Lemonade Sparkling Water
- 1 drop neon blue food color
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 drop neon purple food color
- Garnish: fresh pineapple slice & maraschino cherry
- Begin by mixing coconut and vanilla syrup in a small pitcher, stir and add one drop of neon green food coloring, stir until color is completely mixed through syrup.
- Add ice cubes to a 16-ounce glass and pour syrup over the top of the ice.
- Pour lemonade into a small pitcher and mix with neon blue food coloring, stir until lemonade is aqua color.
- Using a drink layering tool over the top of your glass and let the bobber rest on the neon green syrup layer.
- Slowly pour lemonade into the top of the drink layering tool and let lemonade slowly flow on top of the syrup layer.
- Next, take 1/4 cup of vodka in a small pitcher and mix with neon purple food coloring. Pour the vodka layer on top of the aqua layer by using the drink layering tool.
- Once the vodka layer has completely drained into the glass remove the tool. Garnish with 1/4 slice of fresh pineapple and a maraschino cherry. Stir and enjoy!
Neon food colors were used in this recipe.
Find this recipe and more at the Weekend Potluck!