Great for game day or movie night, you’ll love Loaded Baked Potato Bites! Topped with all the best tasty toppers, they won’t last long.
Loaded Baked Potato Bites
Easy-to-make snack food is something everyone should know how to make. My 13 yr old is just starting to show some interest in the kitchen and we’re beginning with easy appetizers and recipes that only require a few ingredients. We all have to start somewhere, right?
Simple recipes won’t overwhelm her and give her a sense of confidence. Easy appetizers such as dips and crostini are where I’m starting with my daughter. Of course, we’ll add in a couple of easy desserts because around here the all-important sweet tooth need to be satiated.
Just in time for the big game football season, we’re introducing Loaded Baked Potato Bites. Not only are they easy to make, but only require a few basic ingredients. I obviously assisted in the slicing of the potatoes, but beyond that, this recipe is a great way to start off a lifetime of kitchen memories.
What ingredients are needed to make Loaded Baked Potato Bites?
- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sour cream
- Green onions
What kitchen equipment will you need:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Knife (use with caution)
- Cutting board
Simple steps to assemble this recipe:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and slice russet potatoes into thin, even slices. Toss the slices into a large bowl.
Toss potato slices in olive oil.
Place the potato slices in a single layer onto the parchment paper.
Bake the potato slices in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese to the potatoes, and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Top with a small dollop of sour cream, bacon pieces, and green onions.
Try these other amazing easy to make appetizers too:
How about a delicious beverage to enjoy alongside:
- 4-5 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Cooked & crumbled bacon
- Green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice potatoes into thin even slices. Place the slices into a large bowl, add the olive oil and toss potatoes to coat.
- Place the potato slices in a single layer onto the parchment paper.
- Bake the potato slices for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese to the potatoes, and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top with a small dollop of sour cream, bacon pieces, and green onions.
Potatoes that are long and thinner in shape work best.