Lavender Honey Latte – A delicious homemade latte made with the perfect combination of honey and lavender simple syrup. Lightly floral and oh so tasty!
Lavender Honey Latte
One of my favorite lattes to get at my local coffee shop is the honeybee latte. Made with lavender simple syrup and honey, it always tasted so light and wonderful to drink. I was so inspired by it that I decided that I just had to try making it at home and it turned out great! Now I made lavender simple syrup from scratch and it was super easy to do. It is essential that you use lavender simple syrup and not lavender extract or anything else because it will be much too highly concentrated and make you drink taste bad. The simple syrup gives the drink a nice light lavender flavor that isn’t too overwhelming.
The thing I like about making lattes at home is that you can adjust how sweet it is. I definitely am not someone who likes too sweet of a drink so I tend to add just a touch of flavors to my drink but just taste your drink as you are making it and see if you think you want more honey or lavender simple syrup!
Common Questions About Making a Lavender Honey Latte
What is a lavender honey latte?
A lavender honey latte is a latte made with espresso, milk, honey, and lavender simple syrup.
Is lavender good in drinks?
Yes, while it may sound a bit weird to put into a drink, it lends a nice floral flavor that isn’t too overpowering and it’s a great addition to so many drinks.
Where can I get lavender simple syrup?
Either you can make it at home by clicking HERE for the recipe or you can buy it in many grocery stores near the coffee department with other simple syrups or online.
Are lattes sweet?
Lattes can either be sweet or not. A latte is made with steamed milk and espresso which is not a sweet drink but you can add syrups and flavors into it that make it sweet such as mocha or caramel.
How can I steam milk at home?
One of the best parts of a latte at a coffee shop is the steamed milk in the latte. The easiest way I have found to get a similar effect at home is once you have heated your milk with the vanilla, use an immersion blender to foam it up a bit before pouring into a mug.
Can I make a latte without espresso?
Yes, so there are a few different options for ways to get close to espresso. The cheapest option would be to brew quite strong coffee in a normal coffee pot which won’t be exactly the same but it’ll work. If you have a moka pot or an aeropress coffee maker, those will get you pretty close to regular espresso. If you use the moka pot or espresso, follow the same proportions in the recipe but if you choose to go the strongly brewed coffee route, use 3/4 cups coffee and 1/2 cup milk.
What else can I make with lavender?
So many things! Some of my favorites include –
- Lavender Lemon Macarons
- Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Lavender Shortbread
- Lavender Lemonade
- Lavender London Fog Latte
- Lavender Scones
Looking for more latte recipes? Check these out!
- 1 shot espresso*
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lavender simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm milk.
- Once milk has warmed, use an immersion blender, blender, or handheld mixer to froth milk (optional).
- Pour honey and lavender simple syrup into the bottom of a mug before topping it with the espresso and milk.
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and serve.
1. It is optional to whip the milk but it does get it closer to the consistency of the steamed milk that is used in lattes at coffee shops.
2. Don't have an espresso machine? No worries - use 1/2 cup milk and 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee or make the "espresso" with an aeropress or moka pot. Instant espresso will also work.
3. Feel free to use 2 shots espresso if you like a stronger drink.
Find this recipe and more at Meal Plan Monday!
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe