Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte – The perfect fall recipe! Chai spices, pumpkin, milk, and espresso combined and served over ice.
Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte
It’s pumpkin season! Last year, I didn’t really get a chance to have much pumpkin so I have been compensating this year by making everything from pumpkin bread to pumpkin waffles to this iced pumpkin chai latte.
Now this is a recipe that really can be made either hot or iced, I just personally ended up liking it better iced.
Common Questions About Making an Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte
What is an iced pumpkin chai latte?
An iced pumpkin chai latte is a drink made with a pumpkin chai simple syrup, espresso, and milk served over ice.
Can I make it a hot drink?
Absolutely! Just warm the milk and espresso before serving and skip the ice.
Should I use espresso or chai tea?
You can use either in this recipe. If you want it to be more like a latte, use espresso. If you want it to be more like a chai tea latte with a bit more spice, use chai tea. Alternatively, you can split the bill and use some of both if you want it to be more like a dirty chai.
How can I make espresso at home?
Click HERE for my guide to making espresso at home without a machine.
Can I use coffee instead?
Yes! Just brew your coffee a bit stronger if you want to go that route.
What kind of milk can I use?
You can use whatever milk you like! I used whole milk but any dairy or non-dairy alternative will be great.
- Water is the base of our syrup – it’s going to help everything dissolve.
- Brown sugar sweetens the syrup. Feel free to use granulated sugar if you prefer.
- Pumpkin puree gives us the classic pumpkin flavor.
- Chai spice adds the warmth and signature chai flavor to the drink.
- Espresso adds great coffee flavor. If you don’t have espresso, you can substitute freshly brewed coffee.
- Milk makes the latte creamy. Feel free to use any kind of milk you have on hand.
Looking for more fall drinks? Check these out!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, add the water, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and chai spice. Stir until dissolved - about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the pumpkin syrup (or to taste) and the espresso to a tall glass. Stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice and top with milk. Enjoy immediately.
- Store any leftover syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.