Iced London Fog Latte – Save money and make this coffee shop favorite at home! Made with just a few simple ingredients and it tastes delicious!
Iced London Fog Latte
Earl grey tea is one of my favorite drinks. Ever since I tried my first cup, I was hooked. When I learned that you could turn it into a tea latte much like a chai tea latte, I was sold. The difference between this recipe and my london fog latte recipe is that this one is iced so it’s great for those upcoming summer days or if you just aren’t feeling a hot drink. It super yummy and oh so refreshing.
Common Questions About Making a London Fog
What is a london fog?
A london fog is a tea latte made with earl grey tea bags, vanilla simple syrup, and milk. While it is called a latte, it contains no coffee, only tea. It is also referred to as an earl grey tea latte.
Does a london fog have to be hot?
No, you could make the same recipe and refrigerate it until cold and serve it over ice so that it is an iced london fog latte (which is what this recipe is for) or you could blend it with vanilla ice cream to make it a london fog frappuccino.
What kind of sweetener do you put in a london fog?
I make mine with vanilla simple syrup but you could also use honey, lavender simple syrup, or even maple syrup as the sweetener.
Can I add anything else to a london fog latte?
You can add a pinch of lavender to the tea and water as it is steeping or use a bit of lavender simple syrup as the sweetener if you want lavender flavors in this drink (which I suggest). Alternatively, you can always get a fun variety of earl grey tea bags (or loose leaf) that have additional flavors in it.
Are london fog lattes dairy-free?
This london fog tea latte recipe can be made dairy-free by using a dairy-free milk such as
These will each impact the taste a bit so I usually try to use the most neutral tasting non-dairy milk.
What else can I make with earl grey tea?
So many things! Some of my favorites include –
- London Fog Latte
- Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
- Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Earl Grey Macarons
- Earl Grey Cake
- Earl Grey Scones
Can’t get enough of this iced london fog latte recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Iced Caramel Latte
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Cinnamon Dolce Iced Latte
- White Chocolate Mocha Latte
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino
- Iced Chai Tea Latte
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add in tea bags and steep for 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the milk and vanilla simple syrup, reducing heat to medium and warming the milk.
- Transfer to a heat-safe container and place in the refrigerator for about an hour or until it has cooled off.
- Divide between two cups that are filled with ice and serve.
* If you don't have any vanilla simple syrup on hand, click HERE for the recipe. Alternatively, you can just use honey instead.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe