Honey Goat Cheese Crostini – A quick and easy appetizer that is perfect for parties! Tangy goat cheese, apples, honey, toasted walnuts, and toasted baguette combine to make a fantastic appetizer.
Honey Goat Cheese Crostini
Crostini are a favorite appetizer at my house for parties and holidays. One of my personal favorite variations on classic crostini is this honey goat cheese version. It has the perfect amount of tang from the goat cheese that is balanced with the sweet apple and honey. It also has some toasted walnuts to add a bit of crunchy texture and nutty flavor. Full of flavor and so easy to make.
Common Questions About Making Honey Goat Cheese Crostini
What are honey goat cheese crostini?
Honey goat cheese crostini are an appetizer that is made by toasting slices of baguette and topping them with goat cheese, honey, apple, and toasted walnuts.
Can I use flavored goat cheese?
Yes! I think cranberry goat cheese or honey goat cheese would be delicious!
Should I cook the apples?
I chose not to because I wanted the crisp texture but you could definitely cook them down a bit to soften them up.
What other varieties of crostini can I make?
Some of my favorite crostini recipes to make are –
What variations can I make on this recipe?
There are a few easy variations to try include –
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts
- Use pear instead of apple
- Substitute pure maple syrup for honey for a more earthy flavor
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check these out!
- 1 baguette (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 apples (cored and diced)
- 4 ounces goat cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook walnuts for about 5 minutes or until they are they are golden brown and fragrant.
- Bring oven to a broil and lay the slices of baguette on a sheet pan. Brush with olive oil and place in the oven to cook for about 1.5-2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Be careful, it's easy to burn the bread so watch it carefully.
- Remove baguette from oven and let cool. Once cooled, spread goat cheese on each of the slices. Top with apples, toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of honey and serve.