Add delicious Frosted Chai Spiced Eggnog Cookies to your holiday cookie trays! Easy to make, you’ll love the flavors in this dessert for Christmas.
Frosted Chai Spiced Eggnog Cookies
I’m so excited to share these Frosted Chai Spiced Eggnog Cookies with everyone today! You can nearly smell them through the screen.
Each holiday season I love adding two or three new cookies into my baking repertoire. Of course, we have the tried and true family favorites that I absolutely have to make, but new flavors are always welcome too.
Eggnog and Chai tea are a wonderful flavor pairing, you will be amazed at how well they blend together. My kitchen smelled so great while I was making these, the aroma of the Chai tea is so nice and comforting.
Here’s my disclaimer: I used a package of store-bought cookie mix. There’s no shame in using shortcuts that still result in amazing baked goods.
We’re all busy during the holidays, use time savers when you can. Afterall you are adding a ton of great flavor into the dough. Trust me no one will ever know or care!
Some tips for making Frosted Chai Spiced Eggnog Cookies:
- I used a 1″ cookie scoop.
- Not a frosting fan? No worries, skip the frosting, they taste great without it too.
- I do not stack these after frosting, the frosting is “set” but not firm.
- Store in a sealable container after frosting.
Other great ways to enjoy Eggnog:
Cherry Eggnog Martini | Who Needs A Cape?
Eggnog Amaretto Cocktail | Snacks and Sips
Eggnog Cake | Preppy Kitchen
- 17 oz package sugar cookie mix
- 1 Chai tea bag, opened
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 T eggnog
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 T eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°, line baking trays with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl combine: cookie mix, Chai tea leaves, melted butter and egg. Mix until combined.
- Using cookie scoop place on prepared baking trays 2" apart.
- Gently flatten dough by dipping a flat-bottomed glass in a small mixture of cinnamon sugar and pressing onto dough ball.
- Bake approximately 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool 2 minutes prior to placing on cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely prior to frosting.
- For frosting mix together: powdered sugar, nutmeg and eggnog. Frost cookies with a small amount, allow frosting to harden prior to storing.
Recipe originally found at Betty Crocker
This recipe and more found at Weekend Potluck!