Cold Foam Cold Brew – Iced cold brew topped with light and airy homemade cold foam! A delicious new way to drink cold brew coffee!
Cold Foam Cold Brew
Anyone else OBSESSED with getting cold foam at the coffee shop? I was skeptical at first but once I tried it, I was sold! I was super surprised to find out that making cold foam at home is really easy and just takes some half-and-half, sweetener, and a french press. It may be weird but you use the french press to aerate the half-and-half and almost whip it to get that really light and fluffy texture that we all love. Serve that on a bit of cold brew and you’ve got your very own cold foam cold brew coffee!
Common Questions About Making Cold Foam Cold Brew Coffee
What is cold foam cold brew?
Cold foam cold brew is a popular drink that is an iced glass of cold brewed coffee topped with a light and airy cold foam on top made from whipping dairy.
How can I make cold foam?
I suggest using a french press to make the cold foam which you do by pressing the plunger up and down until it doubles in volume but you can also use a milk frother. You might not get quite as much this way but either will work, depending on what equipment you have on hand.
Can I flavor cold foam?
Yes! I suggest using 1 tablespoon of any flavor of simple syrup to give it a flavor. Some of my favorites include –
- Toasted Marshmallow Simple Syrup
- Cinnamon Dolce Simple Syrup
- Vanilla Simple Syrup
- Gingerbread Simple Syrup
Should I use homemade cold brew or pre-made?
Either! I used homemade (click HERE for the recipe) but pre-made is totally fine!
Looking for more coffee recipes? Check these out!
- 2 cups cold brew coffee
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- In a french press, combine half-and-half with the powdered sugar. Cover with the lid and move the plunger up and down until the half-and half has doubled in volume. It will take quite a few plunges (30-ish).
- Fill a glass with ice and cold brew, saving at least 1" of space on top for the cold foam. Top with cold foam and serve.