Elevate your baking with a loaf of Cinnamon Sour Cream Banana Bread. Tender, delicious and loaded with flavor. Great for breakfast or snack time, so good!
Cinnamon Sour Cream Banana Bread
For the better part of my life, I lived under a rock apparently! Until I was in my 40’s I had never embraced the love of Banana Bread.In fact, I don’t really think I ever had it as a child. True story, my family didn’t bake much at all. I vaguely remember trying it as an adult but it was a recipe loaded with nuts which aren’t my favorite.
So, I went on a quest to find out if I really liked or disliked good old banana bread. And guess what? I can truly say it is one of my favorites now, especially the recipe I’m sharing today: Cinnamon Sour Cream Banana Bread!
Banana Bread recipes are aplenty yes, they are. There are dozens of variations and I’ve tried a whole lot of different types. Most weren’t “moist” (I cringe using the word, I know I know) I realized that dry loaves of banana bread weren’t my thing.
Some were filled with fruit, cream cheese, nuts, berries, peanut butter, Nutella…you name it there are at least 10 recipes on the internet with your favorite flavors.
When I found a recipe with sour cream my life changed! I simply tweaked the recipe a bit here and there including the addition of some tasty ground cinnamon and BOOM, I now have a family favorite banana bread recipe for MY family!
I love making a loaf or two on Sunday so my kids can have slices for breakfast on weekdays. You can also make a loaf for brunches and holiday gatherings. Personally I think the loaf is better the day after baking, bake ahead it’s all good.
Give this delicious spin on traditional banana bread a try! I think it’s delicious with a cup of coffee!
What ingredients do you need for Cinnamon Sour Cream Banana Bread?
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sour Cream
Some tips for making Cinnamon Sour Cream Banana Bread:
- Spray your baking pan! No one wants a loaf stuck in the pan.
- Use those browning bananas on the counter, they mash-up really easily and are the best!
- I use all-purpose flour.
- Allow the loaf to cool thoroughly before slicing.
- Want to pop a loaf in the freezer? No problem! Wrap tightly with a covering of choice, pop into a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Simple steps for making Cinnamon Sour Cream Banana Bread:
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
Add in dry ingredients, mix well.
Next mix in mashed bananas and sour cream. Mix to incorporate.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake approximately 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. Cool completely prior to cutting.
Other amazing recipes perfect for brunch:
Orange Creamsicle Mimosas | Who Needs A Cape?
Snickerdoodle Pancakes | Mildly Meandering
Blackberry Bread | Kitchen in the Wilderness
Fontina Chorizo Quiche | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in dry ingredients, mix well.
- Next mix in mashed bananas and sour cream. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake approximately 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool completely prior to cutting.