Chex Mix – A quick and easy snack mix that is great to make for parties! Chex cereal, pretzels, cheerios, and mixed nuts covered in a flavorful, buttery coating that is baked to perfection.
Chex mix is a must at our house every year. Whether it’s for parties or a holiday gift, it is a snack mix that is always a crowd favorite! It’s a great gift as it stays good for quite a while. I give it to people in a mason jar with a festive ribbon tied around the top! If I am serving it for a party, I warm it in the oven for a few minutes before putting it in a large serving bowl.
I like to use a blend of corn and rice chex along with cheerios, pretzels, and mixed nuts but the recipe is super flexible and you can add in any other mix-ins that you like. I like to microwave bowls of chex mix for about 20-30 seconds when I eat it because it is even better warm.
Common Questions About Making Chex Mix
What is chex mix?
Chex mix is a snack mix made by combining two types of Chex, pretzels, Cheerios, and mix nuts with a flavorful blend of butter, worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
What variations can I make on chex mix?
There are SO many variations you can make on chex mix! Some popular additions include –
- Bagel chips
- Wheat chex
- Oyster crackers
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 10-12 servings.
How long does chex mix last?
Chex mix last up to a few weeks when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Looking for more recipes? Check these out!
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Cheerios, pretzel sticks, and mixed nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and dry seasonings.
- Pour sauce over the snack mix and toss well to evenly coat.
- Spread evenly onto two large baking sheets. Cook for approximately 45-50 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.