This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Chai Coffee Cake Muffins
Chai Coffee Cake Muffins – A flavorful spin on a classic breakfast favorite. Coffee cake muffins flavored with chai spices and topped with a delicious crumb topping!
Welcome to #BrunchWeek! I’m so excited to be participating for my second year and there are some great recipes lined up this week! Make sure you read to the bottom to check out all of the other amazing recipes today plus there is a giveaway going on. For more info, click HERE and you can enter below!
For my second recipe this week, I decided to make chai coffee cake muffins! Now these little bite sized breakfast treats are a fun cross between a chai tea latte and coffee cake. They have all of the flavor that a chai tea latte has but with the streusel crumb topping of a coffee cake!
Now these muffins don’t use any chai tea leaves in them, they are made with just chai spices. It may look like a long list of spices in the recipe but they are all probably in your pantry already or can be skipped if you don’t have 1-2. You can also make these muffins ahead of time for brunch. I usually make them the day before and just warm them up right before serving.
Can’t get enough of this chai coffee cake muffin recipe? Try these other recipes!
- Chai Scones
- Lemon Crumb Muffins
- Applesauce Muffins
- White Chocolate Cranberry Coffee Cake
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Stir until combined.
- Add in buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- Transfer muffin batter into the paper liners, filling each about 1/2 way.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumb topping and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping onto each muffin before placing into the oven to bake for about 16-18 minutes or until you can place a toothpick in and it comes back dry.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and then serve.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Find this recipe and more at The Weekend Potluck!