Caprese Bruschetta – A fun spin on classic bruschetta made by topping toasted baguette with fresh mozzarella and marinated tomatoes. A great appetizer for parties!
What could be better than combining caprese and bruschetta?! This easy appetizer is going to be a new favorite, it’s made by toasting baguette until it is crisp and then melting fresh mozzarella on top. While it’s in the oven, heirloom tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil are combined in a bowl to marinated. Once the baguette slices come out, they are then topped with the marinated tomatoes!
Common Questions About Making Capese Bruschetta
What is caprese bruschetta?
Caprese bruschetta is a simple appetizer recipe made by baking slices of baguette until crisp and then topped with fresh mozzarella and marinated tomatoes.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 12 crostini but it can easily be doubled or tripled if you are making it for a bigger group of people.
How long does this recipe take to make?
It takes about 5 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to bake.
Ingredient Notes –
- Good tomatoes are the key to this recipe– I highly recommend making this when you have access to local, in season tomatoes. Heirloom varieties tend to have the most flavor but any kind will work.
- Basil adds a fresh earthy flavor to the bruschetta.
- Balsamic adds sweetness and acidity to the bruschetta— I recommend using a good quality balsamic in this recipe!
- Olive oil helps toast the crostini and marinate the tomatoes– I recommend a robust, full flavored olive oil.
- I’m making this recipe on a baguette but it can also be made on Italian or rustic sourdough bread.
- Fresh mozzarella pairs deliciously with tomato and basil– try to slice the mozzarella as thin as you can (about 1/8th inch) so it melts well.
Looking for more appetizer recipes? Check these out!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh rip tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (juillened)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 12 slices baguette (cut 1/4" thick)
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (for easy clean up).
- In a large bowl, gently combine the tomatoes, basil, balsamic, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush each piece of baguette with olive oil and broil for 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip the baguette and brush the other side with olive oil. Add a piece of mozzarella to the top of each crostini and broil for another 3 minutes, or until the mozzarella is warm and melted.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and top with marinated tomatoes. Enjoy immediately.
Never miss a Snacks and Sips recipe
Check out the web story for this recipe by clicking HERE.