Baked Caprese Dip – A quick and easy appetizer perfect for tailgating and parties! Gooey mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, and basil baked to perfection!
Baked Caprese Dip
I can’t believe it is already football season! My favorite f=par about football and tailgating season is the food. I’m always excited to try a making a new dip or bite-sized snack.
Now this dip is for all of the cheese-lovers out there. It is ooey, gooey, and oh so cheesy! It’s made with a bunch of fresh mozzarella, parmesan, cream cheese, and provolone along with sundried tomatoes, spinach, basil, and seasonings. If you aren’t a sundried tomatoes person, you can either skip them in the recipe or use diced fresh tomatoes instead.
Start to finish, this recipe takes about 30 minutes to make but it’s really easy to whip up. Trust me, this is going to be a new favorite!
How to make baked caprese dip
Step 1 – Combine all ingredients
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Step 2 – Transfer to pan
Transfer the dip to either a medium-sized cast-iron skillet or a greased pie dish to bake.
Step 3 – Top with sliced mozzarella
Top the dip with four slices of fresh mozzarella so that you have a gooey top to the dip.
Step 4 –Top with basil and serve
Chop up some basil and sprinkle it on top of the dip before serving. Serve with sliced french baguette, italian bread, breadsticks, garlic bread, etc.
Tips and tricks on this baked caprese dip recipe
- Want to take this recipe to the next level? Drizzle a bit of balsamic glaze on top of a slice of baguette with the dip on it! It’s amazing!
- This recipe makes about 4 servings but can very easily be doubled or tripled for parties.
- You can make the dip the day before serving and just bake it immediately before serving.
- Want to heat up leftover dip (if there is any left!)? The method I found that was easiest was to just pop it in a pan and heat it up over medium heat in there. The cheese will melt right back down and it heats up well. Additionally, you can pop it in the oven and warm it up.
Can’t get enough of this baked caprese dip recipe? Try these other recipes!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Basil, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice four thin pieces of mozzarella and set aside. Chop the rest into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chopped mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, spinach, provolone, parmesan, italian seasoning, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a medium skillet or a greased pie dish. Spread evenly inside and then top with the sliced mozzarella.
- Place in oven and bake for 15- 20 minutes. If the top has not browned, then broil for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to become golden brown. If you choose to broil, please watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve with sliced baguette.